Aravind Eye Hospitals work from Monday through Saturday, 7.30 am – 6.00 pm.
WHEN DO I SEE AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST?
Even if you have not experienced eye problems in the past, you should see an ophthalmologist if:
- you experience a change in vision in one or both eyes, such as blurring, double vision, blind spots, flashing lights or floaters
- your eyes experience pain, persistent irritation, itching, discharge or the sensation of a foreign body
- you have had recurrent conjunctivitis, or red eyes
- you experience problems with too many or too few tears
- you are currently taking steroids orally for any other condition
- you have a growth on the eyelid or the eyelid is incorrectly positioned
- you are diabetic
- you are aged above 40
- you have a family history of glaucoma