- Mohd Hussain Shah, Noemi Tabanera, Subbaiah Ramasamy Krishnadas, Manju R. Pillai, Paola Bovolenta, Periasamy Sundaresan “Identification and characterization of variants and a novel 4 bp deletion in the regulatory region of SIX6, a risk factor for primary open-angle glaucoma” 2017 E Pub Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine
- Roopam Duvesh, Venkatesh R, Kavitha S, Pradeep Y. Ramulu, Krishnadas, SR, and Sundaresan P “Genetic Complexity of Primary Angle-Closure Glaucoma in Asians” in Advances in Vision Research, Volume I Part of the series Essentials in Ophthalmology p 291-313. ( Book Chapter)
- Renugadevi K, Asim Kumar Sil, Vijayalakshmi P, and Sundaresan P “Molecular Genetic Analysis and Diagnosis of Albinism Patients in India” JSM Genet Genomics 2017 4(1): 1024
- Tin Aung1, Mineo Ozaki, Mei Chin Lee et al “Genetic association study of exfoliation syndrome identifies a protective rare variant at LOXL1 and five new susceptibility loci” Nature Genetics 2017
- Boomiraj Hemadevi, Prajna NV, Srinivasan M, Sundaresan P “ Genetic Perspective of Corneal Endothelial Dystrophies” journals of JSM Genet Genomics 2017
- Bhagya S, Lalitha P, Lalan Kumar Arya, Rathinam S. “Polymerase Chain Reaction and its Correlation with Clinical Features and Treatment Response in Tubercular Uveitis” Journal of Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2017 Jun 30:1-8.
- Gowthaman G, Saumi Mathews, Karthik Srinivasan, Kim Ramasamy, Sundaresan P “Establishment of human retinal mitoscriptome gene expression signature for diabetic retinopathy using cadaver eyes” Journal of Mitochondrion E pub 2017 July
- Roopam Duvesh, George Puthuran, Kavitha Srinivasan, Venkatesh Rengaraj, SR Krishnadas, Sharmila Rajendrababu, Vijayakumar Balakrishnan, Pradeep Ramulu & Periasamy Sundaresan “Multiplex Cytokine Analysis of Aqueous Humor from the Patients with Chronic Primary Angle Closure Glaucoma” Current Eye Research (Published online on 22.09.2017)
- Lalan Kumar Arya, Sivakumar R. Rathinam, Prajna Lalitha, Usha R. Kim, SudeepGhatani, Veena Tandon “Trematode Fluke Procerovumvariumas Cause of Ocular Inflammation in Children, South India” Emerging Infectious Diseases Vol. 22, No. 2, February 2016; 192-199
- Yanan Di, Lulin Huang, PeriasamySundaresan, Shujin Li, Ramasamy Kim, Bibhuti Ballav Saikia, Chao Qu, Xiong Zhu, Yu Zhou, Zhilin Jiang, Lin Zhang, Ying Lin, Dingding Zhang, Yuanfen Li, Houbin Zhang, Yibing Yin, Fang Lu, Xianjun Zhu &Zhenglin Yang “Whole-exome Sequencing Analysis Identifies Mutations in the EYS Gene in Retinitis Pigmentosa in the Indian Population” Scientific Reports | 6:19432 | DOI: 10.1038/srep19432
- ChieaChuenKhor et al., “Genome-wide association study identifies five new susceptibility loci for primary angle closure glaucoma “ Nature Genetics (published online 4 April 2016)
- KarthikeyanArcotSadagopan, Renukadevi Kathirvel, Rosanne B. Keep, P.
Sundaresan, Hui Huang, Arndt Rolfs, KannanParthiban& P. Vijayalakshmi “Cutaneous freckling: Possible new clinical marker for the diagnosis of Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome in Indian Asian patients with oculocutaneous albinism” Ophthalmic Genet. 2016 May 13:1-3.
- Zhang L, Yang Y, Li S, Tai Z, Huang L, Liu Y, Zhu X, Di Y, Qu C, Jiang Z, Li Y, Zhang G, Kim R, Sundaresan P, Yang Z, Zhu X.“Whole Exome Sequencing Analysis Identifies Mutations in LRP5 in Indian Families with Familial Exudative Vitreoretinopathy”Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016 May 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mohideen Abdul Kader, PrasanthiNamburi, SarikaRamugade, R. Ramakrishnan, Subbiah R. Krishnadas, Ben R. Roos, SundaresanPeriasamy, Alan L. Robin&John H. Fingert “Clinical and genetic characterization of a large primary open angle glaucoma pedigree” Ophthalmic Genetics 2016
- Yin Yang, Yeming Yang, Lulin Huang, YaruZhai, Jie Li, Zhilin Jiang, Bo Gong, Hao Fang, Ramasamy Kim , Zhenglin Yang, PeriasamySundaresan, Xianjun Zhu & Yu Zhou “ “Whole exome sequencing identified novel CRB1 mutations in Chinese and Indian populations with autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa” Scientific Reports | 6:33681 | DOI: 10.1038/srep33681
- JeyalakshmiKandhavelu, Naveen Luke Demonte, Venkatesh Prajna Namperumalsamy, Lalitha Prajna, Chitra Thangavel, Jeya Maheshwari Jayapal,Dharmalingam Kuppamuthu “Aspergillusflavusinduced alterations in tear protein profile reveal pathogen induced host response to fungal infection” Journal of Proteomics 2016 (accepted 19th Oct 2016)
- Bibhuti BS, Sushil Kumar Dubey, Mahesh Kumar S, SundaresanP “Whole mitochondrial genome analysis in South Indian patients with Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy” Journal of Mitochondrion 2016
- Senthilkumari S, Sharmila R, GowripriyaC, Vanniarajan A. “Epalrestat, an Aldose Reductase Inhibitor Prevents Glucose-Induced Toxicity in Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells In Vitro’ J OculPharmacolTher. (2016 E pub Nov 11)
- Jhansi Kasinathan , Prajna NV, Muthukkarupan VR, Gowri Priya C “A novel method for a high enrichment of human corneal epithelial stem cells for genomic analysis”journal of Microsc Res Tech. 2016 Nov. (EPub ahead of Print)
- Lakshmi Priya Jeganathan, Lalitha Prajna, VidyaraniMohankumar. “Genotypic and “Phenotypic Characterization of Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from post-cataract endophthalmitis patients” Microbial Pathogenesis 2015; 78;67-73
- SivaganesaKarthikeyan R, Vareechon C , Prajna NV , Dharmalingam, K Pearlman E, and Lalitha P “IL-17 expression in peripheral blood neutrophils from fungal keratitis patients and healthy cohorts in south India” Journal of Infect Dis. 2015 Jan 1;211(1):130–4.
- Sundaresan P, Simpson DA, Sambare C, Duffy S, Lechner J, Dastane A, Dervan EW, Vallabh N, Chelerkar V, Deshpande M, O'Brien C, McKnight A J, Willoughby CE. “Whole-mitochondrial genome sequencing in primary open-angle glaucoma using massively parallel sequencing identifies novel and known pathogenic variants” Genet Med.2015 Apr;17(4):279–84.
- Selvam RM, Nithya R, Devi PN, Shree RS, Nila MV, Demonte NL, ThangavelC,Maheshwari JJ, Lalitha P, Prajna NV, Dharmalingam K. “Exoproteome of Aspergillusflavus corneal isolates and saprophytes: Identification of proteoforms of an oversecreted alkaline protease” J Proteomics. 2015;115:23-35
- Selvam RM, Nithya R, Devi PN, Shree RS, Nila MV, Demonte NL, ThangavelC,Maheshwari JJ, Lalitha P, Prajna NV, Dharmalingam K. “Data set for the mass spectrometry based exoproteome analysis of Aspergillusflavusisolates.” Data in Brief. 2015; 2: 42-47
- Sushil Kumar Dubey, Mahalakshmi, PerumalsamyVijayalakshmi, PeriasamySundaresan “Mutational analysis and genotype-phenotype correlations in sporadic and familial aniridia patients from southern India." Molecular Vision 2015;21:88-97
- Saumi Mathews, Jaya Devi Chidambaram, ShrutiLanjewar, JeenaMascarenhas, Namperumalsamy Venkatesh Prajna, VeerappanMuthukkaruppan, Gowri Priya Chidambaranathan, “In vivo confocal microscopic analysis of normal human anterior limbalstroma” Cornea 2015;34:464–470
- Tin Aung et al., “A common variant mapping to CACNA1A is associated with susceptibility to Exfoliation syndrome”. NATURE GENETICS 2015 Apr;47(4):387–92.
- Sushil K. Dubey, James F. Hejtmancik, Subbaiah R. Krishnadas, Rajendrababu Sharmila, Aravind Haripriya,PeriasamySundaresan “Evaluation of Genetic Polymorphisms in Clusterin and Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha Genes in South Indian Individuals with Pseudoexfoliation Syndrome” Current Eye Research, Early Online, 1–7, 2015
- Li Z, Allingham RR, Nakano M, Jia L, Chen Y, Ikeda Y, Mani B, Chen LJ, Kee C, Garway-Heath DF, Sripriya S, Fuse N, Abu-Amero KK, Huang C, Namburi P, Burdon K, Perera SA, Gharahkhani P, Lin Y, Ueno M, Ozaki M, Mizoguchi T, Krishnadas SR, Osman EA, Lee MC, Chan AS, Tajudin LS, Do T, Goncalves A, Reynier P, Zhang H, Bourne R, Goh D, Broadway D, Husain R, Negi AK, Su DH, Ho CL, Blanco AA, Leung CK, Wong TT, Yakub A, Liu Y, Nongpiur ME, Han JC, Hon DN, Shantha B, Zhao B, Sang J, Zhang N, Sato R, Yoshii K, Panda-Jonas S, Ashley Koch AE, Herndon LW, Moroi SE, Challa P, Foo JN, Bei JX, Zeng YX, Simmons CP, BichChau TN, Sharmila PF, Chew M, Lim B, Tam PO, Chua E, Ng XY, Yong VH, Chong YF, Meah WY, Vijayan S, Seongsoo S, Xu W, Teo YY, Cooke Bailey JN, Kang JH, Haines JL, Cheng CY, Saw SM, Tai ES; ICAARE-Glaucoma consortium; NEIGHBORHOOD consortium, Richards JE, Ritch R, Gaasterland DE, Pasquale LR, Liu J, Jonas JB, Milea D, George R, Al-Obeidan SA, Mori K, MacGregor S, Hewitt AW, Girkin CA, Zhang M, Sundaresan P,Vijaya L, Mackey DA, Wong TY, Craig JE, Sun X, Kinoshita S, Wiggs JL, Khor CC, Yang Z, Pang CP, Wang N, Hauser MA, Tashiro K, Aung T, Vithana EN. “A common variant near TGFBR3 is associated with primary open angle glaucoma” Hum Mol Genet. 2015 Jul 1;24(13):3880–92.
- Bharanidharan Devarajan, Logambiga Prakash, Thirumalai Raj Kannan, Aloysius A Abraham, Usha Kim, VeerappanMuthukkaruppan and AyyasamyVanniarajan “Targeted next generation sequencing of RB1 gene for the molecular diagnosis of Retinoblastoma” BMC Cancer. 2015 Apr 28;15(1):320.
- KannanThirumalairaj, Aloysius Abraham, Bharanidharan Devarajan, NamrataGaikwad, Usha Kim,VeerappanMuthukkaruppanand AyyasamyVanniarajan “A stepwise strategy for rapid and cost-effective RB1 screening in Indian retinoblastoma patients” Journal of Human Genetics 2015; 1-6
- Gowri Priya Chidambaranathan, Saumi Mathews, Arun Kumar Panigrahi, JeenaMascarenhas, Venkatesh Prajna Namperumalsamy, MuthukkaruppanVeerappan,
“In vivo confocal microscopic analysis of limbalstroma in limbal stem cell deficient patients” CORNEA 2015; August 26 (E Pub ahead of print)
- Kathryn P. Burdon, Rhys D. Fogarty, WeiyongShen, SotoodehAbhary, Georgia Kaidonis, BinoyAppukuttan, Alex W. Hewitt, Shiwani Sharma, Mark Daniell, RohanW. Essex, John H. Chang, Sonja Klebe, Stewart R. Lake, Bishwanath Pal, Alicia Jenkins, GowthamanGovindarjan, PeriasamySundaresan, Ecosse L. Lamoureux, Kim Ramasamy, Maria Pefkianaki, Philip G. Hykin, Nikolai Petrovsky, Matthew A. Brown, Mark C. Gillies, Jamie E. Craig “Genome-wide association study for sight-threatening diabetic retinopathy reveals association with genetic variation near the GRB2 gene” Diabetologia 2015; 19th July (E Pub ahead of print)
- Yu Zhou, Bibhuti B Saikia, Zhilin Jiang, Xiong Zhu, Yuqing Liu, Lulin Huang, Ramasamy Kim, Yin Yang, Chao Qu, Fang Hao, Bo Gong,Zhengfu Tai, LihongNiu, Zhenglin Yang, PeriasamySundaresan and Xianjun Zhu “Whole-exome sequencing reveals a novel frameshift mutation in the FAM161A gene causing autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa in the Indian population”. Journal of J Hum Genet. 2015 Aug 6. (Epub ahead of print)
- Namrata G, Vanniarajan A ,Akram Husain, Jeyaram I, Thirumalairaj K Santhi,R, Muthukkaruppan V,Usha Kim “Knudson’s hypothesis revisited in Indian retinoblastoma patients” Asia-Pac J ClinOncol 2015(Epub ahead of print)
- SrinivasanSenthilkumari, Mohan Neethu, RadhakrishnanSanthi, SubbiahRamaswami Krishnadas, VeerappanMuthukkaruppan.”Identification of glaucomatous optic nerve head changes in Indian donor eyes without clinical history” Indian J Ophthalmol 2015;63:600-5.
- ShirishDongare, Sharmila Rajendran, S Senthilkumari, Suresh K Gupta, RajaniMathur, RohitSaxena, SushmaSrivastava. “Genistein Alleviates high glucose induced toxicity and angiogenesis in cultured human RPE cells” Int J Pharm PharmSci, Vol 7, Issue 8, 294-298
- HemadeviBoomiraj, VidyaraniMohankumar, LalithaPrajna. Bharanidharan Devarajan “Human corneal microRNA expression profile in fungal keratitis” Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci.2015;56:7939–7946.