- Anshuman Verma, Manoranjan Das, Muthiah Srinivasan, Namperumalsamy V Prajna,
Periasamy Sundaresan Investigation of VSX1 sequence variants in South Indian patients with sporadic cases of Keratoconus BMC Research Notes 2013, 6:103
- Rathinam R. Sivakumar, Lalitha Prajna, Lalan Kumar Arya, Praveen Muraly
Jyoti Shukla, Divyasha Saxena, Manmohan Parida, Molecular Diagnosis and Ocular Imaging of West Nile Virus Retinitis and Neuroretinitis Ophthalmology 2013;120:1820-1826
- Rajapandian SivaGanesa Karthikeyan, Jeganathan Lakshmi Priya, Sixto M. Leal Jr, Jonida Toska,Arne Rietsch, Venkatesh Prajna, Eric Pearlman, Prajna Lalitha
Host Response and Bacterial Virulence Factor Expression in Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Streptococcus pneumonia Corneal Ulcers PLoS One June 2013 | Volume 8 | Issue
- Gowri Priya Chidambaranathan, Tilak Prasad, Namperumalsamy Venkatesh Prajna, Veerappan Muthukkaruppan Identification of Human Corneal Epithelial Stem Cells On The Basis Of High ABCG2 Expression Combined With a Large N/C Ratio Microscopy Research and Technique 2013; 76:242248
- Roopam Duvesh, Anshuman Verma, Rengaraj Venkatesh, Srinivasan Kavitha,
Pradeep Ramulu , Robert Wojciechowski, Periasamy Sundaresan Association Study in a South Indian Population Supports rs1015213 as a Risk Factor for Primary Angle Closure IOVS 2013 Aug 19;54(8):5624-8.
- Judith Lechner, Ha Ae Bae, Jasenka Guduric-Fuchs, Aine Rice, Gowthaman Govindarajan, Salina Siddiqui, Layal Abi Farraj, Shea Ping Yip, Maurice Yap,
Manoranjan Das, Emmanuelle Souzeau, Doug Coster, Richard A. Mills, Richard
Lindsay, Tony Phillips, Paul Mitchell, Manir Ali, Chris F. Inglehearn, Periasamy
Sundaresan, Jamie E. Craig, David A. Simpson, Kathryn P. Burdon, Colin E.
Willoughby Mutational analysis of MIR184 in sporadic keratoconus and myopia IOVS 2013 Aug 5;54(8):5266-72.
- Anshuman Verma, Vijayalakshmi P, Shashikant Shetty, Maigi Kulm, Sundaresan P
Mutational Screening of LCA Genes Emphasizing RPE65 in South Indian Cohort of Patients PLoS One September 2013 | Volume 8 | Issue 9 | e73172
- Sivagnanam Ananthi, Namperumalsamy Venkatesh Prajna, Prajna Lalitha, Murugesan Valarnila, Kuppamuthu Dharmalingam Pathogen induced changes in the protein profile of human tears from Fusarium Keratitis patients PLoS one 2013 E Pub (Jan) Vol (8).
- Durairaj M. Kumar, Vikas Patil, Bini Ramachandran, Murugesan V. Nila, Kuppamuthu Dharmalingam, Kumaravel Somasundaram (2013) Temozolomide-modulated glioma proteome: Role of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-4 (IRAK4) in chemosensitivity Proteomics 2013, 13, 2113-2124
- Jayapal Jeya Maheshwari and Kuppamuthu Dharmalingam (2013) Protective role of Mycobacterium leprae small heat-shock protein in heterologous hosts, Escherichia coli and Mycobacterium smegmatis, grown under stress Journal of Medical Microbiology 62: 959967
- .Sandip Kumar Nandi1, Elengikal Abdul Azeez Rehna, Alok Kumar Panda, Sugathan Shiburaj, Kuppamuthu Dharmalingam, Ashis Biswas (2013) A S52P Mutation in the a-crystallin domain of Mycobacterium leprae HSP18 Reduces its Oligomeric Size and Chaperone Function FEBS J. 2013 Dec;280(23):5994-6009.
- Amrathlal Rabbind Singh, Paranthaman Senthamaraikannan, Chitra Thangavel, Ravikanth Danda, Shunmugiah Karutha Pandian, Kuppamuthu Dharmalingam (2013) ChiS histidine kinase negatively regulates the production of chitinase ChiC in Streptomyces peucetius. Microbiological Research (Epub ahead of print)
- Jeyalakshmi Sureshkumar, Aravind Haripriya, Baohe Tian, Veerappan Muthukkaruppan , Paul L. Kaufman Cytoskeletal Drugs Prevent Posterior Capsular Opacification in Human Lens Capsule in vitro Graefes Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology (2012) 250:507514
- Vilas GL, Loganathan SK, Quon A, Sundaresan P, Vithana EN, Casey J. Oligomerization of SLC4A11 protein and the severity of FECD and CHED2 corneal dystrophies caused by SLC4A11 mutations. Hum Mutat. 2012 Feb; 33(2):419-28.
- Periasamy Sundaresan, Ravilla D. Ravindran, Praveen Vashist, Ashwini Shanker, Dorothea Nitsch, Badrinath Talwar, Giovanni Maraini, Monica Camparini, Bareng Aletta S. Nonyane, Liam Smeeth, Usha Chakravarthy, James F. Hejtmancik, Astrid E. Fletcher EPHA2 Polymorphisms and Age-Related Cataract in India PLoS One. 2012; 7(3):e33001. Epub 2012 Mar 8.
- Suganthalakshmi Balasubbu, Subbaiah R.Krishnadas, Xiaodong Jiao, J.Fielding Hejtmancik, Periasamy Sundaresan Evaluation of SNPs on Chromosome 2p with Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma in the South Indian Cohort Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Apr 6;53(4):1861-4.
- Cornelia Reena Joseph, Prajna Lalitha, Kavitha R. Sivaraman, Kim Ramasamy, and Umesh Chandra Behera Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction in the Diagnosis of Acute Postoperative Endophthalmitis American J. Ophthalmology 2012 Jun; 153(6):1031-1037
- Jyoti Shukla a, Divyasha Saxena a, Sivakumar Rathinam b, Prajna Lalitha b, Cornelia Reena Joseph b, Shashi Sharma a, Manisha Soni a, P.V.L. Rao a, Manmohan Parida a,* Molecular detection and characterization of West Nile virus associated with multifocal retinitis in patients from southern India International Journal of Infectious Diseases 2012 Jan;16(1):e53-9. Epub 2011 Nov 17.
- Nadig S, Velusamy N, Lalitha P, Kar S, Sharma S, Arakere G Staphylococcus aureus eye infections in two Indian hospitals: emergence of ST772 as a major clone. Clin Ophthalmol. 2012; 6:165-73.
- Ramachandran B, Dikshit KL, Dharmalingam K. Recombinant E. coli expressingVitreoscillahaemoglobin prefers aerobic metabolism under microaerobicconditions: a proteome-level study. JBiosci. 2012 Sep;37(4):617-33.
- Cady KC, White AS, Hammond JH, Abendroth MD, Karthikeyan RS, Prajna L, Zegans ME, O’ Toole GA “Prevalence, conservation, and functional analysis of Yersinia and Escherichia CRISPR regions in clinical pseudomonas aeruginosa Isolates” Microbiology 2011; 157(pt-2) 430-437
- Ananthi S, Santhosh RS, Valarnila M, Prajna NV, Lalitha P, Dharmalingam K.”Comparative proteomics of human male and female tears by Two-dimensional electrophoresis” Exp Eye Res. 2011; 92 (2011) 454-463
- Lalan kumar Arya, Anand B. Kumar, Shashikant Shetty, Vijayalakshmi Perumalsamy, Periasamy Sundaresan “Analysis of the SALL4 gene in patients with Duane retraction syndrome in a South Indian population” Ophthalmic Genetics 2011 (In Press)
- Rangachari K, Dhivya M, Eswari Pandaranayaka PJ, Prasanthi N, Sundaresan P, Krishnadas SR, Krishnaswamy S “Glaucoma Database” Bioinformation 2011; 5(9): 398-399
- Siva Ganesa Karthikeyan, Sixto M. Leal Jr, Venkatesh Prajna, Kuppamuthu Dharmalingam, David M.Geiser, Eric Pearlman, Lalitha Prajna “Expression of innate and adaptive immune mediators in human corneal tissue infected with Aspergillus or Fusarium” Journal of Infection diseases (accepted)
- Chidambaranathan Gowri Priya, Parthasarathy Arpitha, Sivaramakrishnan Vaishali, Namperumalsamy V. Prajna, Kim Usha, Kamdar Sheetal,
Veerappan Muthukkaruppan "Adult Human Buccal Epithelial Stem Cells: Identification, Ex- Vivo Expansion and Transplantation For Corneal Surface
Reconstruction" Eye (Accepted)
J S Mehta, B Hemadevi, E N Vithana, J Arunkumar, M Srinivasan, N V Prajna, DT Tan, A Tin, P Sundaresan. "Absence of Phenotype-Genotype Correlation of patients expressing mutations in the SLC4A11 gene". CORNEA 2010;29:302-306
Hemadevi B, Srinivasan M, Arun Kumar J, Prajna NV, Sundaresan P. "Genetic
analysis of patients with Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy in India". BMC Ophthalmology 2010;10:3
Ye M, Berry-Wynne KM, Asai-Coakwell M, Sundaresan P, Footz T, French CR, Abitbol M, Fleisch VC, Corbett N, Allison WT, Drummond G, Walter MA, Underhill TM, Waskiewicz AJ , Lehmann OJ. "Mutation of the bone morphogenetic protein GDF3 causes ocular and skeletal anomalies". Hum Mol Genet. 2010 Jan 15;19(2):287-98
Kathirvel Renugadevi, Asim Kumar Sil, Vijayalakshmi Perumalsamy, Periasamy Sundaresan “Spectrum of Candidate Gene Mutations Associated with Indian Familial Oculocutaneous and Ocular Albinism Patients.” Molecular Vision 2010;16:1514-1524
Periasamy Sundaresan, S. Mahesh Kumar, Stewart Thompson, and John H. Fingert Reduced
frequency of known mutations in a cohort of LHON patients from India” Ophthalmic Genetics, 2010: Dec; 31(4): 196-199
Senthilkumari S, Lalitha P, Venkatesh Prajna N, Haripriya A, Nirmal J, Pankaj G, Velpandian T. “Single & Multidose Ocular Kinetics of extemporaneous formulation of Topical Voriconazole in Human & Evaluation of its Stability” Current Eye Research 2010; 35(11), 953–960,
Suganthalakshmi Balasubbu, Sundaresan Periasamy, Anand Rajendran, Kim Ramasamy, Namperumalsamy Perumalsamy, J.Fielding Hejtmancik “Association Analysis of nine candidate gene polymorphisms in Indian patients with Type 2 Diabetic Retinopathy”
BMC Medical Genetics 2010;11:158
- J.Eswari Pandaranayaka, N.Prasanthi, N.Kannabiran, K.Rangachari, M.Dhivya, Subbiah R.Krishnadas, P.Sundaresan, S.Krishnaswamy “Polymorphisms in an Intronic region of Myocilin gene associated with Primary Open-angle Glaucoma – a possible role for alternate splicing” Mol.Vis 2010;16:2891-2902
Velpandian T, Arora B, Senthilkumari S, Ravi AK, Gayathri C, Azad R and Ghose S: 411–420 “Regional Variation in the Levels of Macular Xanthophylls and Carotenoids in Dietary Components: Comparing North and South India “Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology” 2010; 56: 6
Guruswamy Neethirajan, Abraham Solomon, Subbaiah Ramasamy Krishnadas, Perumalsamy Vijayalakshmi, Periasamy Sundaresan “Genotype/Phenotype Association in Indian Congenital Aniridia” Indian J Pediatr 2009; 76(5):513-517
Periasamy Sundaresan, P.Vijayalakshmi, Stewart Thompson, Audrey C.Ko, John H.Fingert, Edwin M.Stone “Mutations that are a common cause of Leber Congenital Amaurosis in northern America are rare in Southern India” Molecular Vision 2009;15:1781-1787
Mika Asai-Coakwell, Curtis R. French, Ming Ye, Kamal Garcha, Karin Bigot, Anoja G.Perera, Karen Staehling-Hampton, Silvina C. Mema, Bhaskar Chanda, Arcady Mushegian, Steven Bamforth, Michael R. Doschak, Guang Li, Matthew B. Dobbs, Philip F. Giampietro, Brian P. Brooks, Perumalsamy Vijayalakshmi, Yves Sauvé, Marc Abitbol, Periasamy Sundaresan, Veronica van Heyningen, Olivier Pourquié, T. Michael Underhill, Andrew J. Waskiewicz, and Ordan J. Lehmann. Incomplete
penetrance and phenotypic variability characterize Gdf6-attributable oculo-skeletal phenotypes" Human Molecular Genetics 2009;18: 1110-1121
Renugadevi K, Sil AK, Perumalsamy V, Sundaresan P. "Novel human pathological Mutations. Gene Symbol: OCA2. Disease: albinism, oculocutaneous II". Human Genetics 2009;125 (3): 340
Thanapal Amala Rajasundari, Periasamy Sundaresan, Perumalsamy Vijayalakshmi, David WG Brown and Li Jin. "Laboratory confirmation of Congenital rubella syndrome in infants - an Eye hospital based investigation"
J Med Virol, 2008: 80: 536-546
Moumné L, Batista F, Benayoun BA, Nallathambi J, Fellous M, Sundaresan P, Veitia RA."The mutations and potential targets of the forkhead transcription factor FOXL2". Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008; 30:282(1-2):2-11
Sivagnanam Ananthi , Thangavel Chitra , Ramachandran Bini , Namperumalsamy
Prajna, Prajna Lalitha, Kuppamauthu Dharmalingam. "Comparative Analysis of the Tear Protein Profile in Mycotic keratitis patients". Molecular vision.2008;
Parthasarathy Arpitha, Namperumalsamy V Prajna, Muthiah Srinivasan, and
Veerappan Muthukkaruppan." A Method to Isolate Human Limbal Basal Cells
Enriched for a Subset of Epithelial Cells with a Large Nucleus/Cytoplasm Ratio
Expressing High Levels of p63". Microscopy Research and Technique,
P. Murugeswari, Dhananjay Shukla, Anand Rajendran, R. Kim, P.
Namperumalsamy, VR. Muthukkaruppan, "Pro-inflammatory cytokines,
angiogenic and anti-angiogenic factors in vitreous of patients with Proliferative
Diabetic Retinopathy and Eales’ Disease" – RETINA, 2008;28(6):817-824
Boomiraj Hemadevi, Reiner A Veitia, Muthiah Srinivasan, Jambulingam Arunkumar, Namperumalsamy Venkatesh Prajna, Corinne Lesaffre and Periasamy Sundaresan. "Identification of mutations in SLC4A11gene in patients with Recessive Congenital Hereditary Endothelial Dystrophy". Arch Ophthalmol. 2008 May; 126(5):700-8.
Jeyabalan Nallathambi, Paul Laissue, Frank Batista, Bérénice A. Benayoun
Corinne Lesaffre, Lara Moumné, PJ Eswari Pandaranayaka, Kim Usha, Sankaran
Krishnaswamy, Periasamy Sundaresan, Reiner A. Veitia. "Differential functional
effects of novel mutations of the transcription factor FOXL2 in BPES patients".
Hum Mutat. 2008 May 16.
Parthasarathy Arpitha, Namperumalsamy V Prajna, Muthiah Srinivasan, and Veerappan Muthukkaruppan "A subset of Human Limbal Epithelial Cells with Greater Nucleus/Cytoplasm Ratio Expressing High Levels of p63 Possesses Slow-Cycling Property" CORNEA 2008;27(10):1164-70
Ashutosh Verma, S. R. Rathinam, C. Gowri Priya, V. R. Muthukkaruppan, Brian Stevenson, and John F. Timoney "LruA and LruB antibodies in sera of human cases of leptospiral uveitis" Clinical and Vaccine Immunology June 2008; 15; 1019–1023
Ramachandran Ramya Devi,Wenliang Yao, Perumalsamy Vijayalakshmi, Yuri V. Sergeev, Periasamy Sundaresan, J. Fielding Hejtmancik Crystallin “Crystallin Gene mutations
in Indian families with inherited pediatric cataract” Molecular Vision 2008; 14:1157-1170
CG Priya, Rathinam SR, Muthukkaruppan VR “Leptospiral Endotoxin as a
Causative Factor for Human Ocular Inflammation" Invest Ophthalmol Vis. Sci
Suganthalakshmi B, Shukla D, Rajendran A, Kim R, Nallathambi J, Sundaresan P. "Genetic
variations in the hotspot region of RS1 gene in Indian patients with juvenile X-linked retinoschisis". Mol Vis. 2007;13: 611-7
Ramachandran RD, Perumalsamy V, Hejtmancik JF."Autosomal recessive juvenile onset cataract associated with mutation in BFSP1". Hum Genet. 2007;121 (3-4): 475-82
Rohini G, Murugeswari P, Prajna NV, Lalitha P, Muthukkaruppan V. "Matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-8, MMP-9) and the tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP-1, TIMP-2) in patients with fungal keratitis". Cornea. 2007; 26(2): 207-11
Janakaraj Kanagavalli, P.J. Eswari Pandaranayaka, Subbaiah Ramasamy Krishnadas, Sankaran Krishnaswamy, Periasamy Sundaresan, "In vitro and in vivo study on the secretion of the Gly367Arg mutant myocilin protein" Mol Vis 2007; 13: 1161-8
Nallathambi J, Moumne L, De Baere E, Beysen D, Usha K, Sundaresan P, Veitia RA. "A novel polyalanine expansion in FOXL2: the first evidence for a recessive form of the blepharophimosis syndrome (BPES) associated with ovarian dysfunction". Hum Genet. 2007;121(1): 107-12
Jeyabalan Nallathambi Guruswamy Neethirajan, Kim Usha, Jethani Jitendra, Elfride De Baere, and Periasamy Sundaresan "FOXL2 mutations in Indian families with Blepharophimosis-Ptosis- Epicanthus Inversus Syndrome". J Genet. 2007; 80 (2): 165-8
P. Vijayalakshmi, T.Amala Rajasundari , Noela Marie Prasad, S. Karthik Prakash, N.Kalpana, R.Meenakshi,VR. Muthukkaruppan, Prajna Lalitha, David WG Brown "Prevalence
of Eye Signs in Congenital Rubella Syndrome in South India: A Role for Population Screening". Br J Ophthalmol, 2007;91: 1467-70
Priya CG, Hoogendijk KT, Berg MVD, Rathinam SR, Ahmed A, Muthukkaruppan VR, Hartskeerl RA. "Field rats form a major infection source of leptospirosis in and around Madurai, India" –J Postgraduate Medicine, 2007; 53 (4): 236-40
Vasanthi, Namperumalsamy, Prajna, Lalitha, Kannan Mahadevan, Muthukkaruppan "A Pilot study on the infiltrating cells and cytokine levels in the tear of fungal Keratitis patients". Indian J Ophthalmol 2007;55:27-3
Suganthalakshmi, Rajendran, Kim, Namperumalsamy, Sundaresan "Emerging Patterns of Possible Potential Candidate Gene Polymorphisms Associated with Diabetic Retinopathy " a review Asian J.Exp.Sci. 2006:20:15-28.
Eranga Vithana, Morgan, Sundaresan, Ebenezer, Tan, Anand, Khine, Dhivya, Yong, salto Tellez, Anandalakshmi, Ke Guo, Hemadevi, Moin D. Mohamed, Srinivasan M, Prajna, Khine M, Casey J, Chris F. Inglehearn and Tin Aung . "Mutations in Na+-borate co-transporter SLC4A11 cause recessive Congenital Hereditary Endothelial Dystrophy CHED2". Nature Genetics 2006 Jul; 38 (7):755-7
Neethirajan G, Nallathambi J, Krishnadas, Vijayalakshmi,Shashikanth, Jon Martin Collinson and Sundaresan "Identification of novel mutant PAX6 alleles in Indian cases of familial aniridia", 2006; BMC J Ophthalmol 6:28
Suganthalakshmi B, Anand R, Kim R, Mahalakshmi R, Karthikprakash S, Namperumalsamy P, Sundareasan P. "Association of VEGF and eNOS gene polymorphisms in type 2 diabetic retinopathy". Mol Vision.2006; 12:336-41
Nallathambi J,Shukla,Rajendran,Namperumalsamy,Muthulakshmi,Sundaresan. "Identification
of Novel FZD4 mutations in Indian Patients with Familial Exudative Vitreoretinopathy (FEVR)" Mol Vision. 2006; 12:1086 - 1092.
Nallathambi J, Neethirajan G, Shashikant S, Vijayalakshmi P, Sundaresan P, "PAX6
Missense Mutations Associated in patients with Optic Nerve Malformation" Mol Vision. 2006:12:236-42.
DeviRR, Vijayalakshmi P. "Novel mutations in GJA8 associated with autosomal dominant congenital cataract and microcornea" Mol Vision. 2006; 12:190-5.
Amala, Keerthy, Vijayalakshmi, Muthukkaruppan "Immune Status of Health Care Personnel and Post vaccination analysis of immunity against Rubella in an Eye Hospital" 2006 Indian J Med Res, 2006 Nov; 124(5):553-8.
P.Vijayalakshmi, VR.Muthukkaruppan, A.Rajasundari, G.Korukluoglu, W.Nigatu, L.A.Warrener,D.Samuel, D.W.G.Brown, "Evaluation of a commercial rubella IgM assay for use on oral fluid samples for diagnosis and surveillance of congenital rubella syndrome and postnatal rubella" 2006;J Clin Virol, 2006;37:265-8
Parthasarathy Arpitha, Namperumalsamy V.Prajna, Muthiah Srinivasan and Veerappan Muthukkaruppan "High Expression of p63 Combined with a Large N/C Ratio Defines a Subset of Human Limbal Epithelial Cells: Implications on Epithelial Stem Cells",
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2005;46:3631-3636.
Devi RR, Reena C, Vijayalakshmi P. "Novel mutations in GJA3 associated with autosomal dominant congenital cataract in the Indian population". Mol Vis. 2005;11:846-52.
Neethirajan G, Collinson JM, Krishnadas SR, Vijayalakshmi P, Shashikant S, Reena C, Sundaresan P. "De novo deletions in the paired domain of PAX6 in south Indian aniridic patients". J Hum Genet. 2004;49:647-9.
Neethirajan G, Krishnadas SR, Vijayalakshmi P, Shashikant S, Sundaresan P. "PAX6
gene variations associated with aniridia in south India". BMC Med Genet. 2004; 5-9.
Kanagavalli J, Pandaranayaka E, Krishnadas SR, Krishnaswamy S, Sundaresan P. "A
review of genetic and structural understanding of the role of myocilin in primary open angle glaucoma". Indian J Ophthalmol. 2004;52:271-80.
Sundaresan P, Sil AK, Philp AR, Randolph MA, Natchiar G, Namperumalsamy P. "Genetic
analysis of oculocutaneous albinism type 1 (OCA1) in Indian families: two novel frameshift mutations in the TYR Gene". Mol Vis. 2004; 10:1005-10.
C.Gowri priya, K.Bhavani, SR.Rathinam and DrVR.Muthukkaruppan "Identification and evaluation of LPS antigens for serodiagnosis of Uveitis associated with Leptospirosis"
Journal of Medical Microbiology 2003;52:667-673
Kanagavalli J, Krishnadas SR, Pandaranayaka E, Krishnaswamy S, Sundaresan P. "Evaluation
and understanding of myocilin mutations in Indian primary open angle glaucoma patients".
Mol Vis. 2003 Nov 14;9:606-14.
Neethirajan G, Hanson IM, Krishnadas SR, Vijayalakshmi P, Anup Kumar K and Sundaresan P. "A novel PAX6 gene mutation in an Indian aniridia patient". Mol Vis. 2003; 9: 205-9.