While at Aravind
- Since South India is warm even in December and January, you really do not need any
warm clothes. Cotton clothes are most suitable. However, if you are planning to
travel to North India during winter months or if you plan to visit any of the regional
hill stations, it is advisable to bring adequate warm clothes, as it could be cold.
- Women: It is appropriate for women to wear long skirts or full pants and loose fitting
tops. Sleeveless tops are not appropriate. Please do not wear tight leggings or
jeans and skimpy tops to work. Those who are staying for longer periods can buy
indian clothes such as the salwar kameez, as these will be more appropriate and
- Men: Here the men mostly wear button-down shirts and loose trousers. Avoid wearing
jeans, t-shirts or shorts to work.
- Shoes: Sandals or other loose shoes would be comfortable. Most visitors wear socks
for fear of foot problems. Flip-flops are useful and can be purchased locally at
a cheap rate.
- LAICO and Aravind Eye Hospitals work a six-day week: Monday through Saturday.
- Working hours at the hospitals are 7:00 am - 5:30 pm.
- Working hours at LAICO are 9:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Madurai Hospital Address
Aravind Eye Hospital 1,Anna Nagar, Madurai 625 020 Tamil Nadu,India.
Phone:+91-452-4356100 Fax:+91-452-253 0984 E-Mail:email@example.com
Important Madurai Phone Numbers
Aravind Eye Hospital :0452-43 56 100 LAICO :0452-43 56 500 Harmony Guest
Note:When Calling one of the Operators, please tell the receptionist who
your contact person at Aravind is,so she will be able to connect you to the right