TNOA Recognition for Peer-reviewed Scientific Publications
The following doctors received medal and certificate from TNOA for their contributions to peer-reviewed journals during 2020-2021.
Aravind – Tirunelveli
- Neelam Pawar, D, Consultant – Paediatric Ophthalmology Services
- Devendra Maheswari, Consultant – Glaucoma Services
Aravind – Madurai
- Karthik Kumar, Consultant – Retina Vitreous Services
- Vignesh T.P, Consultant – Retina Vitreous Services
- Renu P Rajan, Consultant – Retina Vitreous Services
- Chitaranjan Mishra, Consultant – Retina Vitreous Services
Winners –Ophthalmic Photography Competition
Indian Intraocular Implant and Refractive Surgery Convention
Chennai, December 4-5
Slit lamp Photography
- Winner: Dr. Vinitha Rashme, Medical Consultant, Cataract and IOL Services, Aravind-Madurai
- Kamatachi Kannan, Supervisor, Clinical Research bagged the first and second runner up awards.
- First Runner Up: Dr. Hirika Gosalia, DNB Resident, Aravind-Coimbatore
- Second Runner Up: Mr. Rajkumar, Photographer, Aravind-Madurai
Elected Members of Vitreo Retinal Society of India
Dr.R.Kim, Chief Medical Officer, Aravind – Madurai and Dr.K.Naresh Babu, Chief Retina Services, Aravind – Madurai were elected as Vice-president and Executive Member respectively of VRSI.
Best Video Award - 14th Congress of the Asia Pacific Vitreo Retina Society (APVRS)
December 11-12, 2021
Dr. K. Naresh Babu, Chief – Retina and Vitreous Services, Aravind-Madurai
- Best Video Award
Topic: Two staged surgery with short Term PFCL Tamponade for Management of RD Secondary to RPE tear
Best Poster Award at Glaucoma Society of India Conference
Guwahati, December 17-19
Dr. Swati Upadhyaya, Glaucoma Consultant, Aravind – Pondicherry
- Best Poster Award
Topic: Comparison of diurnal intraocular pressure measurement by iCare home tonometer with Goldmann applanation tonometer in a tertiary eye hospital in South India.
Award at Keracon – Annual Conference of Cornea Society of India
Dr. Kulharsh B Jaiswal, Cornea Consultant, Aravind-Pondicherry
- First Prize in Corneal Innovations Session
Innovation: iOpener – A novel device for ocular examination
National Biomedical Research competition – Oral Presentation
Dr. Aiman Ahmed Khan, IOL Fellow, Aravind-Coimbatore became the 4th runner up in the oral presentation organised as part of National Biomedical Research competition conducted by the Society of Young Biomedical Scientists.
Mr.J.Venkateswaran, Assistant Division Manager – Pharmaceutical Division, Aurolab was awarded doctoral degree by the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University for his research on ‘Design fabrication and validation of fixed combination for anti-glaucoma ophthalmic drugs’ . He received the doctoral degree from the Honorable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Mr.M.K.Stalin.