What will you learn?
- Use principles of adult education to maximize the learning of your trainees
- Launch a new training programme; as well as improve or expand an existing programme
- Adopt a curriculum that is suitable for your training
- Develop and impart training that will result in effective performance in the workplace
- Use student-centered teaching methods in your training
- Analysis & Design of the training programme
- Development and implementation of the training programme
- Understand the benefits and costs of delivering training via IT and the web
- Training program evaluation
Eye Hospitals that offer training for eye health personnel
This is a team training – find more details below
- You may be eligible if your eye hospital currently offers or is interested in starting a training programme for eye care paramedics.
- Each hospital should bring a team of two to three participants: representing the head of the institute, the person in charge of the training programme, and one person actively involved in delivering the training. Ideal applications will include all three.
- This course requires participants to be able to speak in English.
- Your team will be required to carry out activities before the course, in order to enable active participation once the course begins. More importantly, the team will be required to carry out activities after the course. Bringing a full team is necessary to ensure that learning from Eyexcel is translated back to your workplace.
This course prepares eye hospital teams to deliver high-quality training on a regular basis for allied ophthalmic personnel. Experienced faculty from Aravind, international guest faculty, and successful Eyexcel alumni will conduct this course.
The course is highly interactive with the majority of time spent in practice and application. Each participant team meets with a facilitator to deepen exposure to the content and to apply it to the needs of the team’s institution.