What will you learn?
- Perform a comprehensive eye examination that is geared towards the diagnosis of ocular pathology
- Apply an integrated evidence-based approach for the diagnosis and management of ocular pathology
- Demonstrate knowledge of current diagnostic modalities available in ophthalmic practice
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the latest practices in their area of specialization
Candidates who have passed B.Optom
Aravind Eye Hospital, Chennai
- Candidates who have passed B.Optom
- Freshers and those with one / two years’ experience
- Basic communication skills
- Knowledge about common eye conditions, Glass prescribing guidelines, Basics about Low Vision care, Binocular vision care, Diagnostic procedures and Contact lens
Fellowship in Optometry is designed to train the optometrists in the theory and practice of various subspecialities clinical optometry, and in urban vision centre, intense hands on exposure to various clinical conditions and diagnostic procedures, integrated learning of ocular pathology diagnosis and management through evidence-based practice and problem based learning and also to serve the community through community eye health programs.
Where to stay?
Accommodation is available for selected female candidates on request at the Aravind PG Hostel located at the hospital campus. Accommodation fee Rs.2500/per month. Food and other expenses are extra.