Aravind has a dedicated department that helps patients in fulfilling the formalities required for availing insurance services.
Insurance coverage is applicable only for inpatient procedures and patients surgeries. Approval from the insurance provider is required to claim the amount. The reimbursed amount will vary based on the premium.
To avail cashless hospitalisation, the patient has to approach the Insurance Department before admission and request for preauthorization. The staff forwards the request to insurance company and gets approval. Insurance company will intimate the patients about the status via SMS. On receiving approval from the insurance company, patients can get admitted to the hospital.
In other cases, the patient needs to deposit an amount at the time of admission, which will be refunded once the insurance provider authorises the cost towards treatment. In case the hospital does not receive this authorisation within 48 hours of admission and the patient is getting discharged, the patient must settle the hospital bill and claim reimbursement from your insurance provider.
Patients getting admitted without this prior approval need to pay for the services, which can later be reimbursed from the insurance company. In such cases, the patient needs to deposit an amount at the time of admission, which will be refunded once the insurance provider authorises the cost towards treatment. In case, the hospital does not receive this authorisation within 48 hours of admission and the patient is getting discharged, the patient must settle the hospital bill and claim reimbursement from the insurance provider.
Aravind Eye Hospital accepts medical policies from 36 insurance companies (including State & Central Governments as well as corporate companies) and 15 different Third Party Administrators (TPAs) across India as listed below. To know more details and for updated list, kindly contact the staff at Insurance Department.
- BSNL – Karaikudi
- BSNL – Madurai
- BSNL – Trichy
- BSNL – Virudhunagar
- ECHS – RC – Coimbatore
- Heavy Water Plant
- Indian Institute Of Astrophysics
- Liquid Propulsion System Centre
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd
- Voc Port Trust
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
- Airport Authority of India
Third Party Administrators (TPA)
- Dedicated Healthcare Services TPA (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Family Health Plan TPA Ltd.
- Good Health TPA Services Limited
- Health India TPA Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Health Insurance TPA Pvt Ltd
- Heritage Health TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- MDINDIA Healthcare Services TPA (P) Ltd.
- Paramount Health Services (TPA) Pvt. Ltd.
- Medi Assist India TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Medicare Insurance Tpa Service(India) Pvt
- MEDSAVE HEALTH CARE (TPA) LTD
- RAKSHA TPA PVT. LTD.
- United Healthcare Parekh TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Vidal Health TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Vipul Medcorp TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- CMCHIS – TN (Vidal TPA Ltd.)
- TNNEHIS – AAVIN (MD India TPA Pvt. Ltd.)
- TNNHEIS – Employees (MD India TPA Pvt. Ltd.)
- TNNHIS – Co-Operative (MD India TPA Pvt. Ltd.)
- TNNHIS – Pensioners (MD India TPA Pvt. Ltd.)
- TNSTC – Madurai
- TNSTC – Trichy
- TNSTC – Virudhunagar
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co Ltd
- Cholamandalam Ms General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Future Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Iffco Tokyo General Insurance
- Religare Health Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Star Health And Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Points to remember
- The Insurance Department is only a facilitator for communication between the patient and the insurance company. It does not approve or deny claims and is not responsible for delay in approvals or denials from TPAs/insurance companies.
- Request for cashless hospitalisation is considered only if the following documents are submitted within 12 hours of admission.
- Insurance/TPA Cashless Card
- Proof of age in the case of individual policy holders
- Corporate/Individual ID proof issued by Government of India like PAN, Driving License, Aadhar Card
- Copies of last 4 years’ insurance policy or Policy numbers for individual policy holders
- Phone number and name of the agent (in the case of individual policy holders) for coordination with insurance companies
- HR Name and Phone number (in the case of corporate policy holders) for coordination for with insurance companies
If the patient is not able to submit the above-mentioned documents within 12 hours of hospitalisation, bills have to be settled individually in cash. Click this link to view the information in Tamil.
- Submission of cashless request form by itself does not guarantee insurance coverage. There are chances that the claim be denied by the insurance company / TPA if treatment is not covered under the terms & conditions of the insurance policy.
- In case of denials or partial approvals of claims, patient has to make the balance payment in cash before the planned surgical procedure or discharge.
- Certain expenses are not payable under the terms and conditions of insurance policy for which deposit has to be made in advance at the time of admission.
- Final bill once prepared is sent to the insurance company/TPA for approval along with the necessary medical records. The insurance company may take around 3 months to let us know the status of approval. In case the claim is not approved, patient has to settle the amount.
- If the patient does not wish to wait for approval from TPA/Insurance company for cashless hospitalisation, he/she will have to pay the bill in cash and seek reimbursement later.