Master of Surgery in Ophthalmology
- Tution Fee - INR 3,00,000 per annum for Government Quota & INR 14,50,000 per annum for Management Quota
- Development Fee - INR 50,000 per annum for both Government and Management Quota
- *As fixed by the fee fixation committee for the year 2019-2020
Candidate should have good vision, ability to use instruments, good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
- Candidates must have completed Bachelor's degree in medicine from MCI recognized university or equivalent.
- Admission is generally based on NEET examination results.
Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine that deals with the anatomy, physiology, and diseases of the eye. An ophthalmologist is a specialist in medical and surgical eye problems. The course includes orbital and ocular anatomy, Gross anatomy, Histology, Ocular Physiology, Ocular Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology with reference to ocular immunology. The course also imparts the opportunities for ophthalmologic research in clinical surgery settings like fine microsurgery, using the operating microscope, and intraocular surgery or vitreoretinal surgery of the eye.
Allocation of seats (Government and Management seats) will be done through a centralized process by the Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk, Chennai.