To coach and guide eye hospitals to implement entry level NABH Standards
This eight month collaborative offered by LAICO (Part of Aravind Eye Care System) is designed to guide eye hospitals in preparing for NABH Entry level certification. Through structured coaching and guidance, the enrolled hospitals will be equipped to implement 167 objective elements required to obtain NABH entry level certification. The experience that Aravind gained in the process of obtaining accreditation for its twelve hospitals(6 Tertiary and 6 Secondary) is a great asset in guiding the hospitals throughout this collaborative.
- Eye hospitals with a strong desire to adopt quality standards to ensure patient-centred care and patient safety thereby willing to apply and acquire NABH Entry level certification
- Eye hospitals who are in the preparatory stage of applying for entry level NABH certification.
Enrolled hospital should nominate a four member team as per the composition suggested below. Their active participation throughout the collaborative is mandatory.
- NABH Coordinator: If a designated coordinator is not available, a manager should be assigned for this role
- Staff Nurse (GNM/B.Sc.): OT nurse can be considered until a staff nurse is recruited
- Ophthalmologist to support the core team
- Representative from the Leadership team/Top management
Registration is limited to 5 hospital teams on a first-come-first-serve basis
- INR. 1, 18,000/- (Inclusive of GST) / Team
The fee will cover:
- Course fee for In-person Training (travel expenses of the participants to be borne by the respective hospitals)
- Regular online learning sessions
- Two visits to the partner hospitals by Aravind’s NABH Expert team
- Guidance from Aravind and LAICO throughout the collaborative period
- Structured monthly calls to follow-up on progress and to support the implementation of NABH elements
Echo from the previous batch
Very systematically conceived collaborative. Three level of expertise is used while training and monitoring. on-site inspection & mock training were very beneficial – Thank you LAICO.
– Dr. Sundar Ram Shetty, Chairman,
Global Eye Foundation, Bangalore