Training of Trainers Workshop
Aravind-Madurai, 29-30 June
A Training of Trainers (ToT) workshop was successfully conducted for the MLOP training team at LAICO. The main objectives of the event were to standardise the training plan for the upcoming MLOP second-year training programme and to plan for the implementation of Aurosiksha’s Learning Management System (LMS).
The highlights of the workshop were as follows:
- Sharing of best training practices by each hospital
- Development of a standardised schedule for the second-year training across six MLOP departments
- Formulation of a standardised skill assessment plan for both trainees and employees
- Hands-on practice on Aurosiksha’s LMS, including tasks such as taking attendance, teacher rating, accessing teaching resources, and generating reports
- Sessions on learner-centred teaching, flipped classrooms, and effective feedback were also included.
The workshop was attended by 106 participants from eight Aravind centres, including MLOPs, in-charge doctors, tutors, optometrists, and training coordinators. This ToT will be followed up with monthly meetings among tutors from all Aravind centres to ensure that training delivery is on-track.