All India Ophthalmological Society Mid-Term Conference 2023
Visakhapatnam, 15th October
Dr. Hemalatha, Orbit Fellow, Aravind-Madurai, participated and delivered a competitive case presentation on the topic Board exams over an eye of a 15-year-old boy.
Annual Conference of the Oculoplasty Association of India
Hyderabad, 20-22 October
Doctors from Aravind participated in several events during the annual conference of the Oculoplasty Association of India (OPAI) held at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre, Izzathnagar, Hyderabad, Telangana, and played a variety of roles, including instructor, convenor, chairperson, judge, and speaker.
Dr. Usha Kim
- Instructor at the Workshop: Cadaver dissection for flaps, ptosis, and orbital surgery
- Judge at the free paper session.
- Chairperson at the symposium: Ocular Oncology
- Speaker on the topic: Genetics in Ocular Oncology: How does it help optimise care?
- Judge at the Ophthalmic Premier League
Dr. Meghana Tanwar
- Speaker at the photography session, on the topics, An unlikely intruder: How bad can TED get?
- Convenor of the Grand Video Theatre: Near-Live Surgery and Panel Discussion
- Speaker at the free paper session for YO: Globe Salvage in Panophthalmitis: and Identification of significant predictive factors using logistic regression and fine-gray models
Dr. Vinitha Rashme
- Speaker at the case presentation session on the topics Primary mucinous carcinoma of the eye lid and orbit: a case series; and free paper session for YO: Efficacy of interferon alpha-2b in the management of ocular surface squamous neoplasia: A report from a teaching hospital
Dr. Sayali Amberkar
- Speaker on the topics, Rare orbital masquerades; and Outcomes of Frontalis suspension with Silicone sling in BPES
- Speaker at the case presentation on the topics, Dark side of the white moon; and Optic nerve sheath fenestration: Quality of life
Dr. Pooja Yadhav
- Speaker at the case presentation on the topic, Lymphoma: Not always
Dr. Anamika Pandey
- Speaker on the topic, A blast on the eyelid
13th National Conference on Cornea and Eye Banking
Varanasi, 30th September–1st October
D. Saravanan, Manager, Eye Bank, Aravind-Madurai, participated in the annual conference of the Eye Bank Association of India held at Netrodaya The Eye City, Dafi, Varanasi. He handled a session on Management: Key to successful eye banking, presented a topic on Innovation in eye donation awareness in the eye bank premier league (EPL), and chaired a session on Video session in eye banking. Also, he served as a panellist for the session on Innovation leading to success at eye banks.
National Conference on Orbit and Oculoplasty – EYECON 2023
Chennai, 7th October
Dr. Usha Kim delivered two special talks at the National Conference organised by the Department of Ophthalmology and Medical Education Unit, Sri Balaji Medical College Hospital.
The topics of her talk include:
- Dissection and demonstration on cadaver session: Orbit anatomy, lid and lacrimal anatomy, ptosis repair, ectropion and entropion correction, lacrimal probing, and keratoprosthesis
- Approaches to the Orbit – VAST
Global Digital Health Summit, Expo & Innovation Awards 2023
Mumbai, 1-2 September
Thulasiraj Ravilla was a keynote speaker at the Global Digital Health Summit 2023 that brought together world renowned experts who drive innovation and change across various industries. During the event, he delivered a speech as part of the session titled “Digital health and the rise of intelligent medicine: The role of big data, AI, robotics”.