What will you learn?
- After the completion of this course the candidate will be able to perform,
- FFA independently
- Ocular & Orbital ultrasonography and interpret
Postgraduates in Ophthalmology, Practising Ophthalmologists, Ophthalmic Assistants, Optometrists
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
- Postgraduates in ophthalmology / practicing ophthalmologists, Ophthalmic assistants, Optometrists
- Candidates from other developing countries are also eligible.
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed application form and will be admitted after scrutinizing their credentials and certificates
- Trained manpower to treat diabetic retinopathy is very less and it is impossible to screen the ever increasing population of patients with Diabetic Retinopathy.
- It is thus necessary to train and create a cadre of trained optometrists and ophthalmic photographers to help in the screening.
- Since there are only very few institutes to train ophthalmologists/ophthalmic assistants in this field, Aravind introduced th Certificate Course in FFA and USG
- TIFAC-CORE would impart training of health care personnel in taking fundus photos, perform fluorescein angiography and ultrasonography with the help of state-of-the art facilities.
Where to stay?
Accommodation and Food:
Inspiration – Aravind international trainee’s hostel is a comfortable and quiet place located close to the LAICO and Aravind Eye Hospital campus. Please see the brochure for Tariff details.
How to pay?
Course fee covers tuition fee and teaching materials. National candidates can pay online on receipt of invoice along with the confirmation / appointment letter. International candidates can pay through wire transfer; the account details along with the payment procedure will be emailed to you by the course coordinator on confirmation of your admission.
Campus life at Aravind:
We recommend that all trainees take a look at Vanakkam – as guidebook to Southern India and Aravind. As you prepare for your travel to India and to the Aravind destinations, ‘Vanakkam’ will provide you with detailed information on what to expect when you arrive. This includes travel arrangements, dress code, living conditions, local weather and local food, as well as information on sightseeing and restaurants in the cities where the Aravind facilities are located.
For International Candidates:
A Visa is necessary to travel to India. As your visit to India is for undergoing training, you must obtain student /entry / internship visa (based on the duration of your training). It is advisable to get visa for the entire training period even before arriving in India. Extension of visa while undergoing training is not possible. Tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
On arrival at Aravind:
The FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) registration formalities will be done as per the instructions given on your visa page. For registration purpose, the participant should have their four passport size colour photographs (4×4 cm with white background, ears distinctly visible without spectacles and cap). If required, documents should be presented to the local police commissioner office in person. Please refer registration guidelines for more details.