What will you learn?
- After the completion of this course the candidate will be able to perform,
- FFA independently
- Ocular & Orbital ultrasonography and interpret
Postgraduates in Ophthalmology, Practising Ophthalmologists, Ophthalmic Assistants, Optometrists
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
Batch Number 1
No of Seats
1 per month
Dr. Kim, DO, DNB
1, Anna Nagar, Madurai – 625 020, Tamil Nadu
- Postgraduates in ophthalmology / practicing ophthalmologists, Ophthalmic assistants, Optometrists
- Candidates from other developing countries are also eligible.
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed application form and will be admitted after scrutinizing their credentials and certificates
- Trained manpower to treat diabetic retinopathy is very less and it is impossible to screen the ever increasing population of patients with Diabetic Retinopathy.
- It is thus necessary to train and create a cadre of trained optometrists and ophthalmic photographers to help in the screening.
- Since there are only very few institutes to train ophthalmologists/ophthalmic assistants in this field, Aravind introduced th Certificate Course in FFA and USG
- TIFAC-CORE would impart training of health care personnel in taking fundus photos, perform fluorescein angiography and ultrasonography with the help of state-of-the art facilities.