What will you learn?
- After the completion of this course the candidate will be able to:
- Guide the patients to choose suitable frames and appropriate lenses
- Measure the lens power by lensometry
- Do lens glazing by manual process
- Troubleshoot the problematic spectacles
- Do the frame measurements, centering and decentering
- Inspect the lens defects
- Organize the optical service in community outreach programmes
This short term course is conducted only for the candidates sponsored from an eye hospital or NGO.
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
Batch Number 1
No of Seats
Dr. Usha Kim, DO, DNB
1, Anna Nagar, Madurai – 625 020, Tamil Nadu
- The candidate must have passed in higher secondary exam and has a working knowledge in basic English which will be the common medium of the course.
- The candidate should have one year experience in the field of Ophthalmic.
- Selection will be made on first come first basis subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Apart from Indian candidates, this course is open to all countries in South East Asia Region & Africa.
- Optical dispensing is a subspecialty of optometry which includes all procedures from the time the glass prescription is presented to the optician till the patient receives the pair of glasses satisfactorily.
- A trained optician is required for the management of avoidable blindness by means of modern scientific dispensing.
- Aravind Eye Care System offers advanced training in optical dispensing and trains the optical technicians in a well-equipped optical training centre.
- The objective of this course is to develop the optician’s skills and knowledge for quality vision care services.