What will you learn?
- Complete knowledge about the use and working of ophthalmic instruments
- The basic method of maintaining the instruments
- The precautions one should take while handling the optics in an instrument
- The importance of keeping spares, cleaning materials and the necessary tools
- The common method of trouble shootings with less breakdown time
- The importance of preventive maintenance and break down maintenance
- The necessity of annual maintenance contract and comprehensive maintenance contract
- Gain the self-confidence to independently repair common problems faced with ophthalmic instruments.
This course is meant for staff of eye care organisations – including biomedical engineers, ophthalmic technicians, electricians or anyone interested in learning about maintaining ophthalmic equipment
Batch Number 1
Prof. N. Manickam
- Since the course is delivered in English, applicants are expected to be conversant in English
This course (Part 1) will cover the basic knowledge and skill required to take care of the following common ophthalmic instruments:
- Slit lamp
- Streak retinoscope
- Direct ophthalmoscope
- Indirect ophthalmoscope
- Operating microscope
This course is offered online. Participants will receive a certificate of completion upon satisfactory completing all modules in this course.