What will you learn?
- Develop appropriate strategies for increasing patient volumes
- Design efficient workflows for core clinical processes
- Promote patient centered care
- Apply evidence based decision making
- Implement systems for total quality management
- Demonstrate inter-personal skills necessary to be an effective manager
Managers working in healthcare and allied sectors
Post Graduates in hospital administration/management, business administration and social work
Under graduates with minimum of 2 years working experience in healthcare and allied sectors
Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology, Madurai
- Masters or PG Diploma in hospital administration, healthcare management, business administration and social work
- Any other degree holder with minimum two years of working experience in hospitals or in NGOs.
- Basic proficiency in English (as the medium of instruction is English)
- This is a practical course in which the participant will spend most of his/her time in Aravind’s tertiary and secondary care hospitals
- Intensive orientation and training in eye care management will be provided and the participants will be engaged in weekly and monthly hospital postings with specific learning projects
- Internship at Aravind hospitals
- Externship at other eye hospitals
- Facilitation for placement in an eye hospital across India with on the job support for initial 2 months
- The faculty for this fellowship includes management consultants of LAICO, doctors, managers, coordinators, and allied ophthalmic personnel of Aravind Eye Hospitals.
- Each candidate will be assigned a mentor to support and facilitate their learning
- Managerial skills and NABH orientation will also be provided