What will you learn?
- Access to state-of-the-art MSICS simulator
- E-book sessions, Updated library and video bank
- Structured seminars based on facilitation model conducted by qualified instructors
- Opportunity to observe live surgeries and interaction with experienced surgeons
- Wet lab practice on animal eyes
- No hands on surgical training will be provided on patients during the course
This course is open to all practicing ophthalmologists and postgraduates in ophthalmology
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
- Candidates should have completed MS / DO / DNB degree from recognized university.
- Those who are doing postgraduate course in ophthalmology can apply after 6 months of joining the course.
- Candidates from other developing countries are also eligible.
- The candidates will need to apply in the prescribed application form and will be admitted after scrutinizing their credentials and certificates.
Simulation-based training module is introduced with a focus on offering a significantly faster and safer path to surgical competence by improving the quality of surgical skills through effective training of aspiring ophthalmologists who want to fine-tune their surgical skills.
Aravind Training Center is well equipped with wet labs, tele-ophthalmology network, class rooms and teaching facility, audio-visual facility, and library and resource center. The institution provides various on-line resources accessible to both national and international trainees.
Where to stay?
Accommodation and Food:
Inspiration – Aravind international trainee’s hostel is a comfortable and quiet place located close to the LAICO and Aravind Eye Hospital campus. Visit the website for more details.
How to pay?
Selected candidates should pay the course fee directly to HelpMeSee after receiving an invoice with the bank details.
Campus life at Aravind:
We recommend that all trainees take a look at Vanakkam – as guidebook to Southern India and Aravind. As you prepare for your travel to India and to the Aravind destinations, ‘Vanakkam’ will provide you with detailed information on what to expect when you arrive. This includes travel arrangements, dress code, living conditions, local weather and local food, as well as information on sightseeing and restaurants in the cities where the Aravind facilities are located.
For International Candidates:
A Visa is necessary to travel to India. As your visit to India is for undergoing training, you must obtain student /entry / internship visa (based on the duration of your training). It is advisable to get visa for the entire training period even before arriving in India. Extension of visa while undergoing training is not possible. Tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
On arrival at Aravind:
The FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) registration formalities will be done as per the instructions given on your visa page. For registration purpose, the participant should have their four passport size colour photographs (4×4 cm with white background, ears distinctly visible without spectacles and cap). If required, documents should be presented to the local police commissioner office in person. Please refer registration guidelines for more details.