What will you learn?
- This course is designed to result in excellence in execution of projects.
- The participants would get appropriate knowledge, tools, attitude and skills necessary for effective execution of projects and programmes.
Project Management Professionals in Government Sector, NGO Sector
Preferably below 50 years of age
Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology, Madurai
- Participants need to be nominated either by their own organization or by the funding agency.
- The training is designed for professionals concerned with eye care project management consists of planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting. It will be of specific interest to the following groups:
- Government Sector: District Programme Managers, Technical and Planning Officers for health, Senior Ophthalmic Assistants
- NGO/Private Sector: Project Managers, Project Coordinators of eye care programmes, Junior Programme managers, and Administrative staff involved in managing or running projects from all eye care institutions.
- The prerequisite to attend this course is that all the participants should come with the real project proposal that is approved for implementation or they are responsible for managing project which is in the early phase of implementation.
- As the course will be presented in English, all applicants will be expected to communicate effectively in English.
This Project Management course is designed to help you to excel in planning and execution of projects. The course offers appropriate knowledge, tools, attitude and skills necessary for effective execution of projects and programmes. This course will enable you to:
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge about the various elements of a project
- Develop an execution plan (Manual of operations) detailing the various activities and resource requirements in terms of human resources, materials and money for effective execution of the project
- Prepare cash flow based on the project budget and activities to help timely flow of funds
- Set up an information system for effective monitoring of the project activities and financials
Where to stay?
Accommodation and Food:
Inspiration – Aravind international trainee’s hostel is a comfortable and quiet place located close to the LAICO and Aravind Eye Hospital campus. Please see the brochure for Tariff details.
How to pay?
Course fee covers tuition fee and teaching materials. National candidates can pay online on receipt of invoice along with the confirmation / appointment letter. International candidates can pay through wire transfer; the account details along with the payment procedure will be emailed to you by the course coordinator on confirmation of your admission.
Campus life at Aravind:
We recommend that all trainees take a look at Vanakkam – as guidebook to Southern India and Aravind. As you prepare for your travel to India and to the Aravind destinations, ‘Vanakkam’ will provide you with detailed information on what to expect when you arrive. This includes travel arrangements, dress code, living conditions, local weather and local food, as well as information on sightseeing and restaurants in the cities where the Aravind facilities are located.
For International Candidates:
A Visa is necessary to travel to India. As your visit to India is for undergoing training, you must obtain student /entry / internship visa (based on the duration of your training). It is advisable to get visa for the entire training period even before arriving in India. Extension of visa while undergoing training is not possible. Tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
On arrival at Aravind:
The FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) registration formalities will be done as per the instructions given on your visa page. For registration purpose, the participant should have their four passport size colour photographs (4×4 cm with white background, ears distinctly visible without spectacles and cap). If required, documents should be presented to the local police commissioner office in person. Please refer registration guidelines for more details.