What will you learn?
- To manage an Oculoplasty and orbit set up
- To collaborate with an oncology set up for ocular malignancies management
- To promote patient centered care with continuous quality improvement
- To apply scientific management practices (EBM)
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Good team work skills; can work for long hour with responsibilities
- International Ophthalmologists with the Degree in Ophthalmology from a recognized University
- The objective of this programme is to enhance ophthalmologist in clinical and surgical skills.
- Orbital disorders as a group of varied pathologies not only of the eye but also include uptamic diseases and those of simmum, nose and ultra-cranial diseases. A similar variety of surgical techniques are needed to handle these oculoplatic disorders too need varied techniques for therapy. This variety of diseases & their management can only be achieved by fellow in short span centers like AEH, Madurai due to our increase influence of patients. This will be a focus on development and up gradation of skills for
- Clinical evaluation
- Radiological evaluation
- Surgical Management
All Aravind Training Centers (Madurai, Tirunelveli, Coimbatore, Chennai, Theni, Salem & Pondicherry) are well equipped with wet labs, tele-ophthalmology network, class rooms and teaching facility, audio visual facility, and library and resource center. The institution provides various on-line resources accessible to both national and international trainees.
Where to stay?
Accommodation and Food:
Inspiration – Aravind international trainee’s hostel is a comfortable and quiet place located close to the LAICO and Aravind Eye Hospital campus. Visit the website for more details.
Accommodation facilities with catering services are available within the campus at all Aravind Centres. Types of facilities differ with each centre. Please contact the training coordinator for more information.
How to pay?
Course fee covers tuition fee and teaching materials. International candidates can pay through wire transfer; the account details along with the payment procedure will be emailed to you by the course coordinator on confirmation of your admission.
Campus life at Aravind:
We recommend that all trainees take a look at Vanakkam – as guidebook to Southern India and Aravind. As you prepare for your travel to India and to the Aravind destinations, ‘Vanakkam’ will provide you with detailed information on what to expect when you arrive. This includes travel arrangements, dress code, living conditions, local weather and local food, as well as information on sightseeing and restaurants in the cities where the Aravind facilities are located.
Approval from National Medical Commission (NMC):
It is mandatory to obtain temporary medical license from NMC for all provisionally selected international ophthalmologists to undergo surgical training in India. NMC application process is through online portal and the approval process will be taken by the institute after getting necessary information and documents from the participants. Final selection is subject to fulfilling the procedural formalities of NMC. Please see https://www.nmc.org.in/ to get detailed information or through course coordinator.
A Visa is necessary to travel to India. As your visit to India is for undergoing training, you must obtain student /entry / internship visa (based on the duration of your training). It is advisable to get visa for the entire training period even before arriving in India. Extension of visa while undergoing training is not possible. Tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
On arrival at Aravind:
The FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) registration formalities will be done as per the instructions given on your visa page. For registration purpose, the participant should have their four passport size colour photographs (4×4 cm with white background, ears distinctly visible without spectacles and cap). If required, documents should be presented to the local police commissioner office in person. Please refer registration guidelines for more details.