What will you learn?
- The fellow will learn proper testing and assessment to diagnose paediatric retinal diseases, and surgical approaches. They will also be exposed to the latest management of Retinoblastoma and other intraocular tumours, including brachytherapy.
- The fellow will be familiarized and competent in employing a range of therapeutic options, medical and surgical agents.
- The fellow will be expected to be significantly involved in research activities and clinical trials as well as scholarly activities such as scientific presentations and manuscript publications.
- The programme also expects a fellow to participate actively in imaging research at Aravind to gain knowledge in the proper use of ophthalmic diagnostic devices, which forms the cardinal axis of clinical and experimental ophthalmology.
Surgical retina specialists in adults having keen interest in developing their paediatric surgical retina skills
Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore
Batch Number 1
No of Seats
1 per year
Dr. V. Narendran, DO, DNB
Avinashi Road, Coimbatore - 641 014, Tamil Nadu
- Post Long Term Surgical Retina Fellowship from a reputed institute
- The objective of this programme is to train Retinal specialists in the diagnosis, management and surgery of paediatric retinal diseases (including Retinoblastoma), through clinical evaluation and research, the use of various investigative procedures, medical treatment and surgical intervention.