What will you learn?
- Anatomy of eye, cornea and its functions
- Hospital Cornea Retrieval Programme (HCRP) and its documentation
- Counseling techniques
- Difference between general counseling and grief counseling
- Methods to approach and motivate a donor family
- Obtaining consent
- Documentation – donor calls / enucleation calls
- Eye Donation awareness programs
- Medical contraindications to eye retrieval
Volunteers, Social Workers
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
- Candidate should have good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Candidate should have basic Tamil knowledge
- Candidate should be attached with a registered eye bank
The course equips the candidate with the necessary knowledge on how to approach people for eye donation. This is obviously a sensitive matter and eye bank counselors must have the necessary interpersonal skills in order to carry out their job effectively. Counsellor should station at Morgues in the forenoon and eye bank in the afternoon during their training.