What will you learn?
- Basic knowledge on Eye banks Accreditation and Affiliation
- Knowledge on Legislative and technical aspects
- Organizing an eye bank
- Enucleation of donor eyes
- Processing of corneas
- Equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Preparing and maintaining quality control documents
Eye Bank Technicians
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
- Candidates who are working as eye bank technicians with experience in a diagnostic or similar lab or experience in operation theatre procedures
- Candidates should have basic knowledge of English
Eye Bank Technicians are responsible for the entire activities of eye bank such as retrieval, processing, evaluation, documentation, distribution of tissue and maintenance of the laboratory, instruments and equipment. They remove the eyes (the complete orbs, which are called globes) from the deceased which is then stored carefully and brought to the eye bank. At the eye bank, technicians examine the tissue under a microscope to look for signs of disease and to make sure the tissue meets the requirements.