Dr. Ganesh V.Raman
Dr. Ganesh graduated in medicine from M.S.C.B, Medical College & Hospital Jabalpur, M.S from MBM Medical College, Indore followed by fellowship in Glaucoma at Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore.
Dr. Ganesh, so far, published 14 papers in National and International Peer Reviewed Journals. He presented scientific papers, poster in National and International Conferences and participated in Instruction Courses in AIOS, TNOA and GSI of which he is a member. He authored chapter in Springer’s Manual Small Incision cataract Surgery; Jaypee’s Practical Perimetry; AIOS Ready reckoner.
List of publications in Peer Reviewed Journals:
- Philip R, Premanand C, Nabeed A, Mrunali D, Ganesh V Raman. Intermediate-term outcome of Aurolab aqueous drainage implant. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2019;67:233-238.
- Premanand C, Prakash C, Prasanna V, Siva Prasanna T, Ganesh V Raman, Sundaresan P. A novel 5 bp homozygous deletion mutation in ASPH gene associates with Traboulsi syndrome. Ophthalmic Genet. 2019;40:185-187.
- Kantipuly A, Manju Pillai R, Sujani S, Rakhee K, Ganesh V Raman, Krishnadas R, Robin AL, Ehrlich JR. Caregiver burden in primary congenital glaucoma. Am J Ophthalmol. 2019;205:106-114.
- Varsha R, Premanand C, Reji Philip, Vinoth A, Ganesh V Raman. Effect of Mannitol on Intraocular Pressure in Vitrectomized and Non-vitrectomized Eyes: A Prospective Comparative Study. J Glaucoma.2018 Dec 11. [Epub]
- Premanand C, Khairnar, Anjali S, Aboobacker, Nabeed, Ganesh V Raman. Bilateral Idiopathic Spontaneous Filtering Bleb with Ectopia Lentis: a case report and review of literature. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018;66:134-136.
- Kavitha S, Zebardast, N, Palaniswamy, K, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Ganesh V Raman, Sharmila, R, Venkatesh, R, Ramulu, P Y. Comparison of New Visual Disturbances after Superior versus Nasal, Temporal Laser Peripheral Iridotomy: a prospective randomized trial. Ophthalmology. 2018;125:345-351.
- Varadaraj V, Sengupta, Sabyasachi, Palaniswamy, K, Kavitha, S, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Ganesh V Raman, Sharmila, R, Ramulu, P Y, Venkatesh, R. Evaluation of Angle Closure as Risk Factor for Reduced Corneal Endothelial Cell Density. J Glaucoma. 2017;26:566-570.
- Indra Durai, Mrunali, M D, Prem Anand, C, Ganesh V Raman, Krishnadas R. Bilateral, Simultaneous, Acute Angle Closure Glaucoma in Pseudophakic Induced by Chlorthalidone, V. Case Rep Med. 2016;2016:3713818.
- Zebardast N, Kavitha, S, Palaniswamy, K, Sengupta, Sabyasachi, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Ganesh V Raman, Sharmila, R, Ramulu, P Y, Venkatesh, R. Angle Closure Phenotypes in Siblings of Patients at Different Stages of Angle Closure. Ophthalmology. 2016;123:1622-1624.
- Lipi Chakrabarty, Joshi, G D, Chakravarty, A, Ganesh V Raman, Krishnadas, R, Sivaswamy, J. Automated Detection of Glaucoma from Topographic Features of the Optic Nerve Head in Color Fundus Photographs. J Glaucoma. 2016;25:590-7.
- Shabana Bharathi, Ganesh V Raman, Dhavalikar Mrunali Mohan, Anjana Krishnan. An Unusual Presentation of Pseudomonas Aeruginosablebitis following Combined Surgery. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014;62:958-960.
- Bhagat P, Sodimalla, K, Paul, C, Pandav, S S, Ganesh V Raman, Ramakrishnan, R, Joshi, A, Ahas, Raut. Efficacy and Safety of Benzalkonium Chloride-Free Fixed-Dose Combination of Latanoprost and Timolol in Patients with Open-Angle Glaucoma or Ocular Hypertension. J Clinical Ophthalmol. 2014;8:1241-1252.
- Vishwakarma P, Ganesh V Raman, Sathyan, P. Mefenamic Acid-Induced Bilateral Myopia, Secondary Angle Closure Glaucoma and Choroidal Detachment. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2009;57:398-400.
- Sathyan P, Gurdeep Singh, Eong, Kah-Guan Au, Ganesh V Raman, Padma, S, Prashanth, S. Suprachoroidal Hemorrhage following Removal of Releasable Suture after Combined Phacoemulsification-Trabeculectomy. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2007;33:1104-1105.
Dr. Ganesh heads the Glaucoma Department at Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore. He is the South Zone Coordinator for GSI’s Glaucoma India Education Programme. He is the Principal Investigator for Drug Trials for USFDA and DGCI, India.