Dr. Manju graduated in medicine from PSG Medical College, Coimbatore, DO and DNB from Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai. She has been actively involved in patient care, training and teaching of Post Graduates and Ophthalmologists in the specialty of Glaucoma. She has been an invited faculty at the TNOA and Glaucoma Society of India.
- Reighard CL, Pillai MR, Shroff S, Spaeth GL, Schilling SG, Wizov SS, Stein JD, Robin AL, Raja V, Ehrlich JR. Glaucoma-Associated Visual Task Performance and Vision-Related Quality of Life in South India. Ophthalmol Glaucoma. 2019 Sep-Oct;2(5):357-363.
- Kantipuly A, Manju Pillai R, Sujani S, Rakhee K, Ganesh V Raman, Krishnadas R, Robin AL, Ehrlich JR. Caregiver Burden in Primary Congenital Glaucoma. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 2019 May [Epub]
- Manju Pillai R, Sapna Sinha, Pradeep Aggarwal, Ravindran RD, Privitera CM. Quantification of RAPD by an Automated Pupillometer in Asymmetric Glaucoma and its Correlation with Manual Pupilllary Assessment. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2019;67:227-232.
- Sathvik N, Manju Pillai R, George V Puthuran, Thiel CL, Robin AL. Waste Generated during Glaucoma Surgery: a comparison of two global facilities. Am J Ophthalmol Case Reports. 2018;12:87-90.
- Manju Pillai R, Hasini PP, Ahuja A, Krishnadas R. A Rare Case of Overlapping Sturge-Weber Syndrome and Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome Associated with Bilateral Refractory Childhood Glaucoma. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017;65: 623-625.
- Shah MH, Tabanera N, Krishnadas SR, Manju R, Paola B, Sundaresan P. Identification and characterization of variants and a novel 4 bp deletion in the regulatory region of SIX6, a risk factor for primary open-angle glaucoma. Mol Genet Genom Med. 2017;5:323-335.
- Do Anna T, Manju Pillai R, Vijayakumar B, Chang RT, Robin AL, Singh K, Lee BW. Effectiveness of Glaucoma Counseling on Rates of Follow-up and Glaucoma Knowledge in a South Indian Population. Am J Ophthalmol. 2016;163:180-9.e4.
- Newman-Casey, P A; Sathya, R; Haripriya, Aravind; Vinoth, P; Manju Pillai, R; Vijayakumar, B; Robin, A L. The Effect of Counseling on Cataract Patient Knowledge, Decisional Conflict, and Satisfaction. Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2015;22:387-93.
- Gandolfi, S; Paredes, T; Goldberg, I; Coote, M; Wells, A; Volksone, L; Manju Pillai, R; Stalmans, I; Denis, P; Travoprost Bak-Free Clinical Study Group. Comparison of a Travoprost BAK-free Formulation Preserved with Polyquaternium-1 with BAK-preserved Travoprost in Ocular Hypertension or Open-Angle Glaucoma. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2012;22:34-44.
- Nitin Deshpand;e Lalitha, Prajna; Krishnadas, R; Jitendra Jethani; Manju Pillai, R; Robin, Alan; Karthik. Helicobacter Pylori IgG Antibodies in Aqueous Humor and Serum of Subjects with Primary Open Angle and Pseudo-Exfoliation Glaucoma in a South Indian Population. J Glaucoma. 2008;17:605-610.
- Prajna, N Venkatesh; Manju Pillai, R; Manimegalai, T K; Srinivasan, M. Use of Traditional Eye Medicines by Corneal Ulcer Patients Presenting to a Hospital in South India. Indian J Ophthalmol. 1999;47:15-18.
Non Peer-Reviewed Journals:
- Prasanth; Manju Pillai, R and Krishnadas, R. Orbital Vascular Malformation and Ipsilateral Glaucoma.TNOA. 1999;40:41-43.
- Manju Pillai, R; Sapna, Sinha and Krishnadas, R. Childhood Glaucoma – Current Update. J Ophthalmic Sci Res. 2017;37:33-42.
- Pigmentary Glaucoma & Ocular Hypertension in “Text Book of Glaucoma”– authored by Dr Ramakrishnan
- Complications of Trabeculectomy in “GSI GUIDE LINES 2012 – 2013”
- Physiology of Aqueous & Mechanism of IOP reduction in “Text book of Physiology—Aravind Eye Hospital”
- AIOS Scientific Committee Served as a member in the expert panel group for 1 year from FEB 2013—JAN 2014.
- Co – Investigator for the INGOTT STUDY (2004 – 06)
- Principal Investigator – Travatan drug trial, 2007
- Principal Investigator – Health Literacy and Barriers to Follow – up after Initial Diagnosis of Glaucoma in South Indian Population study (2007 -2009)
- Intra observer &Inter observer variability in CCT
- Correlating CCT withRNFL in OCT in POAG cases.
- Naso Lacrimal duct patency after use of anti glaucoma drugs a prospective study
- Principal Investigator – Brinzbrim trial in 2012
- Principal Investigator – (Ongoing trial) on surface energy of AADI and its cell adhesion properities
- Principal Investigator – (Ongoing trial) on evaluation in VEGF in Tenon.s and Anterior Chamber in glaucoma patients
- Principal Investigator – (Ongoing trial) on Audio visual counseling study in Glaucoma patients and its effect on follow up
- Principal Investigator – Focused Group Discussion – On Adherence to Glaucoma treatment and Follow up
- Principal investigator—MMC—modes of administration—injection versussponge application.
- Principal investigator—comparison of outcome of trabeculectomy in patients with and without diabetes
- Principal investigator—care giver’s and patient’s response in childhood glaucoma
- Principal investigator use of pupillometry in glaucoma
- Principal investigator== correlation of RIAG with early Glaucoma.