Dr. Swati Upadhyaya graduated in medicine from Rani Durgavadi Viswavidhyalaya, Jabalpur, D.O. M.S. from Barkatullah University, Bhopal, D.N.B from Aravind Eye Hospital, Pondicherry. After working as Consultant in General Ophthalmology, she completed her Glaucoma fellowship at Aravind Eye Hospital Pondicherry. Since then she is actively involved in teaching and training the residents and fellows.
- Predictors of Photographic Quality with a Handheld Nonmydriatic Fundus Camera Used for Screening of Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Screening for vision-threatening Diabetic Retinopathy in South India: comparing portable non-mydriatic and standard fundus cameras and clinical exam.
- Validation of a head mounted virtual reality visual field screening device.
- Primary Angle-closure Glaucoma: Epidemiology, Natural History, and Clinical course under Optimal care (Chapter No. 63 in the book “Principles of Ophthalmology, Peyman”).
- Elevated episcleral venous pressure and its implications: A case of Radius Maumenee syndrome (Indian Journal of Ophthalmology; July 2020)
- Assessment of reasons for presentation in new primary glaucoma patients and identification of risk factors for late presentation (Ophthalmology Glaucoma; Dec 2020)
- Validation of a portable, non-mydriatic fundus camera compared to gold standard dilated fundus examination using slit lamp biomicroscopy for assessing the optic disc for glaucoma [Eye(London, England); February 2021]
Best Paper Award by Glaucoma Society of India, September 2019, Validation of a head mounted virtual reality visual field screening device.
Best Video Award by Glaucoma Today Magazine: Can GATT be an effective surgical option for POAG in developing countries?