Dr. Manohar Babu is the Chief Medical Officer in Aravind Eye Hospital, Salem. He is the Head of Department of the Uvea Clinic and the current President of the Uvea Society of India. He graduated in medicine from Madras Medical College and MS from Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai.
He has publications in indexed (Archives of Ophthalmology, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, Asia Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology among others) and non-indexed journals, text book took chapters (Endogenous Endophthalmitis, Wills Eye Manual).
He has participated in – international (IOIS, IUSG), national and state level meetings and has presented papers there.
He has been Principal Investigator in clinical trials (Luminate Study, FAST trial- Procter Foundation) and has lectured as Faculty at the London School of Tropical Medicine (On Managing People and Service Delivery in Eye Care)
- Muralikrishnan R, Venkatesh, R, Manohar Babu B, Prajna, N Venkatesh. A Comparison of the Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness of Three Different Methods of Cataract Extraction in Relation to the Magnitude of Postoperative Astigmatism. Asia Pacific J. 2003;5:5-12.
- Manikandan P, Madhavan, Bhaskar, Manohar Babu B, Raghuram, A, Narendran, V. Outbreak of Ocular Toxoplasmosis in Coimbatore, India. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2006;54:129-131.
- Manohar Babu B, Rathinam SR. Intermediate Uveitis. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2010;58:21-27.
- Manohar Babu B .Outbreak of Acquired Ocular Toxoplasmosis Involving 248 Patients. Arch Ophthal. 2010;128:28-32.
- Basu S, Biswas, Jyotirmay, Pleyer, Uwe, Pathangay, Avinash, Manohar Babu B. An Ophthalmologist Survey-Based Study of the Atypical Presentations and Current Treatment Practices of Ocular Toxoplasmosis in India. J Parasitic Diseases. 2011;35:148-154.
- Rathinam SR, Manohar Babu B. Algorithmic Approach in the Diagnosis of Uveitis. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2013;61:255-262.
- Rathinam SR, Manohar Babu, B, Radhika, T, Kanakath, A, Nardone, N, Esterberg, E, Lee, S M, Enanoria, W T, Porco, T C, Browne, E N, Weinrib, R, Acharya, N R. A Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Methotrexate and Mycophenolate Mofetil for Noninfectious Uveitis. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:1863-70.
- Shen E, Rathinam SR, Manohar Babu B, Anuradha, K, Radhika, T, Lee, S M, Browne, E N, Porco, T C, Acharya, N R. Outcomes of Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada Disease: a subanalysis from a randomized clinical trial of antimetabolite therapies. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 2016;168:279-286.
- Browne EN, Rathinam SR, Anuradha, K, Radhika, T, Manohar Babu B, Lietman, T M, Acharya, N R. A Bayesian Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Antimetabolite Therapies for Non-Infectious Uveitis. Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2017 ;24:63-70.
- Niemeyer KM, Gonzales, J A, Rathinam SR, Manohar Babu B, Radhika, T, Anuradha, K, Porco, T C, Browne, E N, Rao, M M, Acharya, N R. Quality of Life Outcomes from a Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Antimetabolites for Intermediate, Posterior, and Panuveitis. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 2017;179:10-17.
- Manohar Babu B. Changing Patterns in Uveitis South India: comparison between two decades. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018;66:528.