Dr. George Joseph Manayath
Dr. George Joseph Manayath graduated in medicine from Government Medical College, Kottayam, M.S from St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore, FRCS from Royal College, Glasgow, U.K followed by fellowship in Retina at Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore. He started his career at Chaithanya Eye Hospital and Research Institute, Kochi and then at Sultan Qaboos University Hospital, Muscat, Oman. He joined at Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore as Medical Consultant in Retina Clinic on 2010.So far he has published 25 scientific papers in International and National journals. He is scientific reviewer for International Journals like British Journal of Ophthalmology (BJO) , Oman Journal Ophthalmology(OJO), Indian Journal of Medical Research (IJMR), Indian Journal of Ophthalmology (IJO), PLoS One. He has presented nearly 100 scientific papers and posters in various National and International Conferences. He is guest speaker and faculty at various National and International Retina meetings. He is a co-investigator in Multi-Centric Clinical Trials. His areas of interest are Macular diseases, Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy, Central serous Chorio-retinopathy.
Dr. George has published several research papers in Peer Reviewed International and State Journals,
- Chhablani J, Anantharaman G, Behar-Cohen F, Boon C, George J Manayath, Singh R. Management of central serous chorioretinopathy: Expert panel discussion. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018;66:1700-3.
- George J Manayath, Ranjan R, Vidhate S, Narendran V. Photodynamic Therapy-Induced Acute Exudative Maculopathy: Incidence, Clinical Features, and Long-Term Outcomes. 2018 Oct 3. [Epub]
- George J Manayath, Jain A, Ranjan R, Naik AS, Narendran V. Idiopathic full-thickness macular hole in an 8-year-old boy. Retin Cases Brief Rep.2018 Oct 9. [Epub]
- Jain AM, Ratnesh R, George J Manayath. Atypical superior iris and retinochoroidal coloboma. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018;66:1474-1475.
- Giridhar A, Jay Sheth, Muna B, Raja Narayanan, Sundaram N, Anand R, George Manayath, Parveen Sen, Rupak Biswas, Alay Banker, Charu Gupta. Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy: Pearls in diagnosis and management. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018;66:896-908.
- George J Manayath, Ratnesh R, Vanee Sheth Shah, Smita SK, Saravanan VR, Narendran V. Central serous chorioretinopathy: Current update on pathophysiology and multimodal imaging. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2018;11:103-112.
- Siddharth N, George J Manayath, Narendran, V. Comparison of Choroidal Thickness using Swept-Source and Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography in Normal Indian Eyes. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2018;11:38-41.
- Ranjan R, George J Manayath, Avadhani, U, Narendran, V. Rapid Macular Hole Formation and Closure in a Vitrectomized Eye following Rhegmatogenous RetinalDetachment Repair. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2018;11:71-74.
- George J Manayath, Shah, Vanee Sheth, Saravanan, V R, Narendran, V. Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy Associated with Central Serous Chorioretinopathy: pachychoroid spectrum of diseases. Retina. 2018;38:1195-1204.
- Ranjan R, George J Manayath, Swapnil, V. Exudative Complications following Photodynamic Therapy. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:625-627.
- Naik AS, Ranjan, R, George J Manayath. Transient Central Retinal Artery Occlusion following Viperine Snake Bite. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:e205-e208.
- Ranjan R, George J Manayath, D’Souza, P, Narendran, V. Spontaneous Anatomical and Functional Recovery of Bilateral Electric Shock Maculopathy. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017;65:1256-1261.
- Smita SK, George J Manayath, Saravanan, V R, Siddharth, N, Narendran, V. Iatrogenic Subretinal Injection of Ozurdex Implant and its Effect on Macular Edema. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2017;10:100-102.
- George J Manayath, Smita, S K, Siddharth, N, Karan, A K, Saravanan, V R, Rodney, J Morris, Narendran, V. Low Fluence Photodynamic Therapy versus Graded Subthreshold Transpupillary Thermotherapy for Chronic Central Serous Chorioretinopathy: results from a prospective study. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2017;48:334-338.
- Panikkar K, George J Manayath, Revathy, R, Saravanan, V R. Progressive Kertoconus, Retinal Detachment, and Intracorneal Silicone Oil with Obsessive-Compulsive Eye Rubbing. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2016;9:170-173.
- George J Manayath, Saurabh Arora, Parikh, Hardik, Parag, K Shah, Tiwari, Sarvesh, Narendran, V. Is Myopia Protective Factor against Central Serous Chorioretinopathy. Int J Ophthalmol. 2016;9:266-270.
- George J Manayath, Prasanthi, N, Sundaresan, P, Jeevan, A Kale, Narendran, V.A Novel Mutation in the NR2E3 Gene Associated with Goldmann-Favre Syndrome and Vasoproliferative Tumor of the Retina. Mol Vis. 2014;20:724-731.
- George J Manayath, Narendran, V, Anuradha Ganesh, Saurabh Arora. Low-Fluence Photodynamic Therapy for Early Onset Choroidal Neovascular Membrane following Laser In Situ Keratomileusis. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2012;60:584-585.
- George J Manayath, Narendran, V, Sandeep Arora, Rodney, J Morris, Saravanan, V R, Parag, K Shah. Graded Subthreshold Transpupillary Thermotherapy for Chronic Central Serous Chorioretinopathy. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2012;43: 284-290.
- Parag K Shah, Narendran, V, George J Manayath, Sowmya Chowdhary. Atypical Retinocytoma with Diffuse Vitreious Seeds: an insight. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2011; 4:81-83.
- Ganesh A, Stroh, E, George J Manayath, Al-Zuhaibi, S, Levin, A V. Macular Cysts in Retinal Dystrophy. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2011;22:332-339.