Dr. Karthik graduated in medicine from Bangalore Medical College, MS from Madurai Medical College, followed by Fellowship in Retina at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai.
- Kannan NB, Sen S, Mishra C, Lalitha P, Rameshkumar G, Kumar K, Rajan RP, Ramasamy K. Ten-year trends in the incidence, clinical profile and outcomes of acute-onset endophthalmitis following combined pars plana vitrectomy and sutureless, glueless and flapless scleral fixation of intraocular lenses. Int Ophthalmol. 2021 Jan 29. [Epub]
- Rajan RP, Kannan NB, Sen S, Lavanya C, Jena S, Karthik Kumar, Vijayalakshmi P, Kim R. Clinico-demographic profile and outcomes of 25-gauge vitrectomy in advanced stage 5 retinopathy of prematurity. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2021 Jan 6. [Epub]
- Sen S, Rajan RP, Damodaran S, Arumugam KK, Kannan NB, Ramasamy K. Real-world outcomes of intravitreal anti-vascular endothelial growth factor monotherapy in proliferative type 2 macular telangiectasia. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2020 Nov 17. [Epub]
- Kannan NB, Sen S, Reddy H, Kumar K, Rajan RP, Ramasamy K. Preoperative COVID‑19 testing for elective vitreoretinal surgeries: Experience from a major tertiary care institute in South India. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020 Nov;68(11):2373-2377.
- Kumar K, Ravindran RS, Kannan NB. Intraocular incarceration of eyelash. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020 Oct;68(10):2268.
- Naresh Babu,PiyushKohli, Karthik Kumar, Renu P. Rajan, Girish Baliga,Sagnik Sen, N. O. Ramachandran, S. Bhavani, Kim Ramasamy. Two-staged surgery as an alternative to buckle–vitrectomy for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment complicated by choroidal detachment. Int Ophthalmol. 2020 Aug 28. [Epub]
- Naresh Babu Kannan, Sagnik Sen, SouravDamodaran, Meri Debbarma, Renu P. Rajan, Karthik Kumar, and Kim Ramasamy. Sutureless Scleral-Fixated Intraocular LensImplantation for Refractive Rehabilitation in Eyes with Spherophakia. J Vit Ret Dis. 2020 Jul. [Epub]
- Kumar K, Kohli P, Kumar G. Rare Ocular Complication in a Patient with Rabson-Mendenhall Syndrome. Indian J Pediatr. 2020 Jul 4. [Epub]
- Kumar K, Kohli P, Babu N, Khare G, Ramasamy K. Incidence and management of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment after pars plana vitrectomy and sutureless scleral-fixated intraocular lens.Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020;68:1432-1435.
- Mishra C, Kannan NB, Sen S, Singh K, Damodaran S, Kohli P, Kumar K, Rajan RP, Baliga G, Ramasamy K. Clinical presentation and prognostic factors affecting surgical outcomes of secondary macular holes after retinal vein occlusions.Int Ophthalmol. 2020 Jun 12. [Epub]
- Babu N, Kumar K, Kohli P, Ramasamy K. Apparent double macular hole caused by vitreomacular traction. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020;68:518-519.
- Kannan NB, Sen S, Mishra C, Lalitha P, Rameshkumar G, Rajan RP, Karthik Kumar A, Kim R. Comparative Study of Microbiological Profile and Management Outcomes of Acute Endophthalmitis after Microincision Vitrectomy Surgery versus Intravitreal Injections. OculImmunolInflamm. 2020 Jan 3. [Epub]
- Karthik Kumar, Chitaranjan Mishra, Rupa A, Naresh Babu K, Kim R. Reversible blindness in a patient with closantel toxicity. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2019 Oct;67(10):1768-1771.
- Kannan NB, Adenuga OO, Kumar K, Ramasamy K. Outcome of 2 cc pure sulfur hexafluoride gas tamponade for macular hole surgery. BMC Ophthalmol. 2016 Jun 3;16:73.
Non-Peer Reviewed Journals
- Karthik Kumar, PiyushKohli, Naresh Babu, Soumya Jena, Kim R. Outcome of early and late vitrectomy for retinal detachment associated with von Hippel–Lindau-related retinal capillary hemangioma.TNOA JOphthalmic Sci Res. 2019 Apr-Jun;57(2):128-131