Dr. Mohideen Abdul Kader graduated in medicine from Al. Ameer Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka, D.N.B from Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli. He joined Glaucoma service at Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli in the year 2000 and now he is the Chief of Glaucoma Department. He had Observational fellowship at John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Stanford Medical School, Sanfranscio and Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami in USA and also trained at Moorfield Eye Hospital, London.
Dr. Mohideen Abdul Kader had attended many National and International Conferences and had many publications. He is currently working on two large genetic characterization of a large primary open angle pedigree from southern India.
- Devendra Maheshwari, Swathi K, Mohideen Abdul Kadar, Ramakrishnan R, Madhavi R Pillai. Midterm outcome of mitomycin C augmented trabeculectomy in open angle glaucoma versus angle closure glaucoma. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2019;67:1080-1084.
- Kavitha S, Ramulu PY, Venkatesh R, Palaniswamy K, Kader MA, Raman GV, Sharmila R, Zebardast N. Resolution of visual dysphotopsias following laser iridotomy: 6 month follow-up. Ophthalmology. 2019;126:469-471.e1
- Kavitha S, Zebardast, N, Palaniswamy, K, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Ganesh, V Raman, Sharmila, R, Venkatesh, R, Ramulu, P Y. Comparison of New Visual Disturbances after Superior versus Nasal, Temporal Laser Peripheral Iridotomy: a prospective randomized trial. Ophthalmology. 2018;125:345-351.
- Varadaraj V, Sengupta, Sabyasachi, Palaniswamy, K, Kavitha S, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Ganesh V Raman, Sharmila R, Ramulu, P Y, Venkatesh R. Evaluation of Angle Closure as Risk Factor for Reduced Corneal Endothelial Cell Density. J Glaucoma. 2017;26:566-570.
- Ankush Kawali, Anuradha A, Ahuja Ashish, Mohideen Abdul Kader. Topiramate-Induced Hypertensive Uveitis and Evolving Fuchs Uveitis: a case report. J Clin Ophthalmol Res. 2016;4:46-48.
- Arijit Mitra, Ramakrishnan R, Mohideen Abdul Kader. Long Term Outcome of 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU) Augmented Bleb Needling Revision of Failed and Failing Filtration Blebs. Asian J Ophthalmol. 2016;14:166-184.
- Mohideen Abdul Kader, Namburi, P, Sarika, R, Ramakrishnan, R, Krishnadas, R, Roos, B R, Sundaresan, P, Robin, A L, Fingert, J H. Clinical and Genetic Characterization of a Large Primary Open Angle Glaucoma Pedigree. Ophthalmic Genet. 2017-38:222-225.
- Zebardast N, Kavitha, S, Palaniswamy, K, Sengupta, Sabyasachi, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Ganesh, V Raman, Sharmila, R, Ramulu, P Y, Venkatesh, R. Angle Closure Phenotypes in Siblings of Patients at Different Stages of Angle Closure. Ophthalmology. 2016;123:1622-1624.
- Ramakrishnan R, Arijit Mitra, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Sasmita Das. To Study the Efficacy of Laser Pheripheral Iridoplasty in the Treatment of Eyes with Primary Angle Closure and Plateau Iris Syndrome, Unresponsive to Laser Peripheral Iridotomy, using Anterior-Segment OCT as a Tool. J Glaucoma. 2016;25:440-6.
- Ramakrishnan R, Arijit Mitra, Mohideen Abdul Kader. Surgical and Visual Outcomes of Childhood Glaucoma at a Tertiary Eye Care Center in South India. Asia Pac J Ophthalmol. 2015;4:250-258.
- Arijit Mitra, Ramakrishnan R, Mohideen Abdul Kader. Open Angle Glaucoma in a Case of Type IV Ehler Danlos Syndrome: a rarely reported association. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014;62:880-884.
- Arijit Mitra, Ramakrishnan R, Mohideen Abdul Kader. Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography Documentation of a Case of Topiramate Induced Acute Angle Closure. Indian J Ophthalmol .2014;62:619-622.
- Devendra M, Ramakrishnan R, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Neelam Pawar, Ankit Gupta. Effect of Phacoemulsification with Intraocular Lens Implantation in Eyes with Cataract and Functioning Filtering Blebs. Asian J Ophthalmol. 2013;13.
- Ramakrishnan R, Jayahar MB, Devendra Mi, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Mona Khurana, Shivkumar, C. Etiology and Epidemiological Analysis of Glaucoma-Filtering Bleb Infections in a Tertiary Eye Care Hospital in South India. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2011;59:445-454.
- Mohideen Abdul Kader, Ramakrishnan R, Chandrashekaran, Rathinam SR. Granulomatous Anterior Uveitis and Follicular Conjunctivitis Due to Brimonidine Tartrate. Asian J Ophthalmol. 2010;11:50-52.
- Ramakrishnan R, Devendra Maheshwari, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Rita Singh, Neelam Pawar, Jayahar, M Bharathi. Visual Prognosis, Intraocular Pressure Control and Complications in Phacomorphic Glaucoma following Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery. Indian J Ophthalmol.2 010;58:303-306.
- Ramakrishan R, Jayahar MB, Shivkumar, C, Saurabh Mittal, Meenakshi, R, Mohideen Abdul Kader, Ankit Avasthi. Microbiological Profile of Culture-Proven cases of Exogenous and Endogenous Endophthalmitis: a 10-year retrospective study. Eye. 2009;23:945-956.
- Ramakrishnan R, Saurabh Mittal, Sonal Ambatkar, Mohideen Abdul Kader. Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thickness Measurements in Normal Indian Population by Optical Coherence Tomography. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2006;54:11-15.
- Ramakrishnan R, Kader, Mohideen Abdul, Budde, Wido M. Optic Disc Morphometry with Optical Coherence Tomography: comparison with planimetry of fundus photographs and influence of parapapillary atrophy and pigmentary conus. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2005;53:187-191.
Dr. Mohideen Abdul Kader is currently working on two large genetic characterization of a large primary open angle pedigree from southern India.