Dr. Maneksha graduated in medicine and MS from Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University. He completed International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) in Basic Science and Optic & Refraction at Cambridge, England. He joined as a Medical Officer in General Ophthalmology Services at Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli and now he is chief of Orbit & Oculoplasty services. He ha made many National and International publications to his credit.
He has published several research papers in peer reviewed International, National and State Journals.
List of publications in International Journals
- Radhakrishnan S, Maneksha V,Adulkar N. Crystal-storing histiocytosis masquerading ocular adnexal lymphoma: a case report and review of literature. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014;30:e67–9.
- Bharathi MJ, Ramakrishnan R, Maneksha V,Shivakumar C, Nithya V, Mittal S. Comparative bacteriology of acute and chronic dacryocystitis. Eye (Lond). 2008;22:953–60.
- Nirmalan PK, Thulasiraj RD, Maneksha V,Rahmathullah R, Ramakrishnan R, Padmavathi A, et al. A population based eye survey of older adults in Tirunelveli district of south India: blindness, cataract surgery, and visual outcomes. Br J Ophthalmol. 2002;86:505–12.
List of publications in National Journals
- Rameshkumar G, Ramakrishnan R, Shivkumar C, Meenakshi R, Anitha V, Venugopal Reddy YC, Maneksha V,et al. Prevalence and antibacterial resistance patterns of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase producing Gram-negative bacteria isolated from ocular infections. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2016;64:303–11.
List of publications in State Journals
- Maneksha V,Praveen NK, Ramakrishnan R, Thulasiraj RD. A survey of visual impairment and blindness in south India. TNOA. 2002;43:72-76.
- Maneksha V.Heart worm in the eye. TNOA. 2012;50:136-137
- Maneksha V.Primary Epithelial Malignancies of Lacrimal Gland, Cliniopathological Review. TNOA. 2015;52:765-771
- Maneksha,Sabyasachi C, Rengappa R. Congenital lacrimal gland fistula. TNOA J Ophthalmic Sci Res. 2018;56:38-40.